Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Is my phone compatible with Spotify?

Solved!

Is my phone compatible with Spotify?

Spotify should get along happily with most Android devices on the market running the v2.3 'Gingerbread' firmware.

For later devices, try installing the Preview version of the new Android app, available at http://www.spotify.com/download/previews/ - this should be compatible on all devices up to 4.0

Check out our mobile page for a full list of suported devices, and keep an eye on the blog for all future releases/updates.

Check out our Twitter for the latest updates on any service issues: @Spotifystatus

Problem solved? Click 'Accept as solution' to make it easier to find for others!

New to the Community? Check out our Community newbie tips

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Quick reply test: I used before Samsung Galaxy S i9000 Android smartphone, now Nokia Lumia 800 Windows smartphone. Spotify so good in Windows phone. 😉

View solution in original post

Marked as solution

Loads of people have issues with Spotify on ICS. It seems to run fine for a while after it is first installed - which often prompts people to immediately say 'no issues here'.

However, myself and lots of others over on the old GetSatisfaction thread seem to find that after a while (could be a couple of days, could be a couple of weeks, but soon) it will all of a sudden start crashing back to the launcher as soon as going online. It's fine to use offline, but crashes on getting an online connection. Only 'solution' seems to be a reinstall and/or deleting the Spotify directory on the SD/memory.

Given that it seems that the GetSatisfaction board is to become redundant, I've created a new topic on this one to cover the issue: http://community.spotify.com/t5/Spotify-Ideas-and-Feedback/Spotify-needs-to-support-Android-3-Honeyc...

It's only going to become more of an issue over the next couple of months as more phones are upgraded to ICS and new phones are released.

----------------
Listening on Windows, Android and Sonos. Tweeting it at @davelicence

Marked as solution

With how long ICS dev info has been out there, its amazing how poorly equiped Spotify was for this update.

And guess what, its a paid app that says it works on my Galaxy Nexus. Unacceptable.

Marked as solution

The ICS app is in development.

There is no specific development for Honeycomb (although it's likely that any ICS-compatible app will work on 3.x too).

That's the reason given for it still being Under Consideration rather than Planned

----------------

Marked as solution

It should be fine - the latest release through Play works fine on ICS and the list of mobiles on the page is now out of date.

I'm going to ping Richard and suggest this thread be de-stickied or removed completely and that page updated
----------------

86 Replies
Marked as solution

Quick reply test: I used before Samsung Galaxy S i9000 Android smartphone, now Nokia Lumia 800 Windows smartphone. Spotify so good in Windows phone. 😉

You should probably also mention that you don't support Android 4.0 (Ice Cream Sandwich) either.

ICS has been out quite a while now. HTC and Samsung have both sent out updates to ICS to some of their phones, and Samsung produces Google's own current flagship model the Galaxy Nexus, which also doesn't play nice with the current Spotify Android client.

There have been lots of reports of problems when using ICS particularly in the area of offline syncing.

It doesn't work at all on my Galaxy S I9001 Plus or ZTE Light touch pad. It keeps restaring every time, It success login, then I get in to spotify, the connection goes on, then after by 1-3 seconds the process repeats. And this repeats indefinitely. 

With the exception of the Offline bug previously, Spotify worked excellent on my Moto Droid, and currently runs excellent on my Galaxy Nexus(CDMA).

What sort of problems have you noticed with ICS? I really have no issues on my gnex currently. The only thing i've noticed on 2 occasions was stuttering play but that may have also been a bluetooth issue for me with my philips base.

Marked as solution

Loads of people have issues with Spotify on ICS. It seems to run fine for a while after it is first installed - which often prompts people to immediately say 'no issues here'.

However, myself and lots of others over on the old GetSatisfaction thread seem to find that after a while (could be a couple of days, could be a couple of weeks, but soon) it will all of a sudden start crashing back to the launcher as soon as going online. It's fine to use offline, but crashes on getting an online connection. Only 'solution' seems to be a reinstall and/or deleting the Spotify directory on the SD/memory.

Given that it seems that the GetSatisfaction board is to become redundant, I've created a new topic on this one to cover the issue: http://community.spotify.com/t5/Spotify-Ideas-and-Feedback/Spotify-needs-to-support-Android-3-Honeyc...

It's only going to become more of an issue over the next couple of months as more phones are upgraded to ICS and new phones are released.

----------------
Marked as solution

With how long ICS dev info has been out there, its amazing how poorly equiped Spotify was for this update.

And guess what, its a paid app that says it works on my Galaxy Nexus. Unacceptable.

There have been lots of questions about ICS support over on getsatisfaction and the only response we have had from Spotify is effectively "it's not supported", I've cancelled my premium account and if spotify had any other competitor in my region I would be switching over right away, as it is I've had to go back to mp3s and the native music app. 

Could somebody at spotify PLEASE just tell us the truth?? i.e. if you plan to support ICS? When that might be? I'd just like to know when I will be able to sign back up to premium...... three months? .... six months? ..... a year ?..... never? 

Something? .................... Anything?

I'm going to say, NO. its not.. no matter what you have, its old, so if there are any updates to your phone it wont..

I'm sorry, little mad at the fact they the Spotify app is soo old. 

Have a Galaxy Ace and am getting unknown error 112 when logging in - Gingerbread 2.3.5

Error 112 would be one of our connection errors - please check to make sure everything's set up to work correctly.

Check out our Twitter for the latest updates on any service issues: @Spotifystatus

Problem solved? Click 'Accept as solution' to make it easier to find for others!

It won't open! It crashes on start.

@uno - what phone? what OS version? have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling?

----------------

Heey I've a question!

I want to buy an alcatel One Touch 918 with android 2.3 on it. But can it run Spotify?

Now he stand not in the list of compatible mobiles but you say it almost al android 2.3 telephones are compatible with spotify..

could anyone help me out please?

greetz Martijnenco

Asus Transformer Prime, ICS: Login works. Listen to songs over wifi works. Sync songs for offline use, does not work. Sometimes it manages to sync one or two or three songs before starting the so frustrating online/offline flicker dance.

Galaxy S II running Codeworx CM9 port of ICS.

App works, sort of.

I can sync tracks, but I have to do it 1 playlist at a time.

This is hard to explain.

You know the screen you get when you sync your phone. That shows all the playlists in album cover format. If I try to scroll through this while syncing, every time the next track starts to sync, it puts me back to the top. This makes trying to select more than one playlist impossible.

Not sure if this is related to the app or to the Spotify install itself.

I also get random  phone reboots when syncing. Sometimes I log in and all my synced tracks are marked as not synced (I have about 4Gb of playlists)

Anyway, why has the IOS app been updated and not the 'droid one?

I pay £10/month for this

Hey brainfish, welcome to the Comumnity.

How many playlists do you have on your account? That could be affecting things.

Also, I'm not sure what "Codeworx CM9" is exactly - is it some kind of alternative firmware for the device? It's likely that would cause issues if that's the case.

Hi Richard

Codeworx CM9 is a version of Ice Cream Sandwich for the Galaxy S II. But the same things happen when I got back to the stock SII ROM. Actually one of the reasons I switch the phone to using ICS was to see if it helped with Spotify. But it made no difference

I have about 450 playlists and just over 9000 tracks in my ibrary

I believe that 450 playlists is more than the app can handle at the moment - take a look at this thread http://community.spotify.com/t5/Mobile-Android/Bug-Android-app-crashes-on-startup-with-too-many-play...

I'm not sure whether this is a software or hardware issue, but hopefully we'll be able to get it sorted in the next Android release. Stay tuned.

Suggested posts