Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Android

Get help for your Android mobile or tablet

Start a topic

Forum Posts

New and Improved Android Widget

Spotify is bringing a new update to the home screen widget on Android devices. This update will help you get more out of it than before. The new widget will make it simpler and faster to access your favourite content on Spotify. So what is changing?H...

Amayy_0-1689082497746.png Marketing_asset (1).png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • hnavia
  • Regular
  • 59 replies
  • 23 likes
  • 59 replies
  • 23 likes

[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues

Please read below for troubleshooting Spotify on your Android device. This guide contains fixes for most common issues as well as detail on how to create a new topic if you still are having problems. First thing to do before trying anything else is r...

• Community Legend
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 11 replies
  • 50 likes
  • Android
    Guide
    Troubleshooting
  • 11 replies
  • 50 likes

Solved!! The version of Spotify I have has completely different features than another free user.

PlanFreeCountryUSADeviceAndroid PhonesMy Question or IssueMy dad and I both have spotify. I cannot pick songs to play and have to rely on shuffle. My dad can pick songs without issue, and probably doesn't even know that shuffle's an option. We both h...

• Casual Listener
  • Alex
  • Spotify Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Android Auto Spotify won't play or search

I have a Samsung Galaxy S5 phone, running Android 5.0 and Spotify 4.0.0.800. My car has a Pioneer NEX8100 with Android Auto. Android Auto is working great, and apps such as Pandora and Amazon Music work fine. But when I launch spotify from my receive...

• Casual Listener
  • I have a Samsung Galaxy S5 phone, running Android 5.0 and Spotify 4.0.0.800.   My car has a Pioneer NEX8100 with Android Auto.  Android Auto is working great, and apps such as Pandora and A...
  • tlmedia00
  • Casual Listener
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Google play card

Hello, I was going to buy a Google play card to purchase my 3 months for .99. First I was wondering how exactly I go about it, do I put my google play card code into the gift card section of spotify? And if I do will it take all the money off the car...

• Hello, I was going to buy a Google play card to purchase my 3 months for .99. First I was wondering how exactly I go about it, do I put my google play card code into the gift card section of spotify?...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify stops playing music alone

Model: San Remo MiniAndroid 4.2.2Version of Spotify: 4.4.0.1008Spotify stops playing music when I browse in other applications. This not only happens with Spotify. Also with the other applications similar to Spotify and the player of the phone.I've t...

• Model: San Remo Mini Android 4.2.2 Version of Spotify: 4.4.0.1008 Spotify stops playing music when I browse in other applications. This not only happens with Spotify. Also with the other applica...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

When will arrive a new update of the interface in Android?

I think Spotify need update their interface, because the design is lagging behind comparing to SoundCloud or Deezer.

• Music Fan
  • I think Spotify need update their interface, because the design is lagging behind comparing to SoundCloud or Deezer. 
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify won't play one of my local files playlists

So I've uploaded a few of my local files to my Spotify account. I always put them into a playlist as that's the only way to sync it on my phone, and it's always worked perfectly, except for one - it acts like a completely normal playlist and the song...

• So I've uploaded a few of my local files to my Spotify account. I always put them into a playlist as that's the only way to sync it on my phone, and it's always worked perfectly, except for one - it ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

[Android] Stop music playback alone

In my Zenfone , I got spotify Premium and when I try to play any tracks , it is pausing alone , this occurs both in music offline as well as online in playlists. At first I could hear took place a few times , but has now become intermittent , prevent...

• In my Zenfone , I got spotify Premium and when I try to play any tracks , it is pausing alone , this occurs both in music offline as well as online in playlists. At first I could hear took place a fe...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

Offline music dissapeared after update

After updating my spotify app all of mymusic dissapeared in each folder.There's onls a button "browse" that's it.How can I get my music back?

• After updating my spotify app all of mymusic dissapeared in each folder. There's onls a button "browse" that's it. How can I get my music back?
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Can't download tracks

Hey,I finally get premium but it doesn't work like expected.I want to download a playlist with about 12 Songs but it says that my memory is full. The problem is, that I have 4,47 GB free memory.Please help me

• Hey, I finally get premium but it doesn't work like expected. I want to download a playlist with about 12 Songs but it says that my memory is full. The problem is, that I have 4,47 GB free memory. ...
  • Nico
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Can´t open Spotify cause it´s close everytime I try to open

I must restart my Samsung Galaxy 3 to open it, but after a while it´s close by self. I can´t open it than and need to restart

• I must restart my Samsung Galaxy 3 to open it, but after a while it´s close by self. I can´t open it than and need to restart
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Newbie- Cant find categories

I just got spotify and now I cant seem to find the categories list (R&B,Soul,Rock) can someone help please?

• Casual Listener
  • I just got spotify and now I cant seem to find the categories list (R&B,Soul,Rock) can someone help please?
  • 888margo888
  • Gig Goer
  • 10 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 10 replies
  • 0 likes

My music songs wont load

Hi! Im having an issue with my music: songs not loading, I just have a blank screen as though I have no music. However my Albums and Artists will load, along with my playlists. Any help would be much appreciated! Thank you!

• Casual Listener
  • Hi!    Im having an issue with my music: songs not loading, I just have a blank screen as though I have no music. However my Albums and Artists will load, along with my playlists.  ...
  • Nico
  • Community Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

connecting to y computer

Hello I have a premium account on android with my operator and AC works very well by cons not find my playlists when I connect to my computer can anyone help me please ???

• Hello I have a premium account on android with my operator and AC works very well by cons not find my playlists when I connect to my computer can anyone help me please ???  
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Radio plays the same Songs over and over again.

I am using Spotify now for more than 3 year but since a Feb months I have the Problem that the Radio Funktion doesn't work anymore. It plays only a Feb Songs and repeat that the hole time. It doesn't matter how I rate the Songs that doesn't effect th...

• Casual Listener
  • I am using Spotify now for more than 3 year but since a Feb months I have the Problem that the Radio Funktion doesn't work anymore. It plays only a Feb Songs and repeat that the hole time. It doesn't...
  • user-removed
  • Not applicable
  • 17 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 17 replies
  • 1 likes

Solved!! Android Auto Voice Search Broken

When I try to initiate a voice search with Android auto, Spotify comes up with a "Spotify is not working right now" message. This also happens when the app first starts and I have to click out of it and reopen it a few times for it to work.

• Roadie
  • When I try to initiate a voice search with Android auto, Spotify comes up with a "Spotify is not working right now" message. This also happens when the app first starts and I have to click out of it ...
  • SlamminScotty
  • Casual Listener
  • 11 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Android
    android auto
  • 11 replies
  • 0 likes

Android App: Loading on Startup

Hi guys, anyone else having the problem on Android where leaving the app, then going back into it will give you a frozen "loading" screen? I haven't found an Android specific thread for this (correct me if I'm wrong), but let me know if there's a fix...

• Music Fan
  • Hi guys, anyone else having the problem on Android where leaving the app, then going back into it will give you a frozen "loading" screen?   I haven't found an Android specific thread for th...
  • radeksulc
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Information on how to release my app which uses the Spotify Android SDK

Hello all, I have an Android App which I have been working on for sometime, and I want to release it as I have a stable version now. How should I go about the release process, do I need Spotify to approve the app first. Thanks.

• Hello all,   I have an Android App which I have been working on for sometime, and I want to release it as I have a stable version now. How should I go about the release process, do I need Spot...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! What happened to Spotify? In the latest update, it won't let me play my own music. It picks songs.

Since the latest update , today is 4-15-15, Spotify won't let me play my own songs. It just picks its own songs. I really liked Spotify but now it is sucks. When I press on a song, the shuffle button flashes,when I press it, it doesn't do anything. P...

• Since the latest update , today is 4-15-15, Spotify won't let me play my own songs. It just picks its own songs. I really liked Spotify but now it is sucks. When I press on a song, the shuffle button...
  • TylerD75
  • Casual Listener
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Phone crashes and restarts when playing Spotify

When I stream or play offline music with Spotify on my Galaxy s6 edge, the phone crashes frequently. It then restarts. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling Spotify but it doesn't help.

• Casual Listener
  • When I stream or play offline music with Spotify on my Galaxy s6 edge, the phone crashes frequently. It then restarts. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling Spotify but it doesn't help.
  • Ruthie-ruthie
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Cannot download songs

Spotify has stopped downloading songs. I have uninstalled and reinstalled, and have plenty of free space. I have never had this issue before. My phone is running is android marshmallow.

• Spotify has stopped downloading songs. I have uninstalled and reinstalled, and have plenty of free space. I have never had this issue before. My phone is running is android marshmallow.
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

App instantly pauses and won't play songs

I'm on a Moto X, android 4.4.2, using the latest Spotify app. Whenever I pick a song, it won't play. So I hit play and I hear sound for about 1/10th of a second and it pauses. I hit play again, it pauses again. Over, and over and over.I've tried WiFi...

• Casual Listener
  • I'm on a Moto X, android 4.4.2, using the latest Spotify app. Whenever I pick a song, it won't play. So I hit play and I hear sound for about 1/10th of a second and it pauses. I hit play again, it pa...
  • TacoThreat
  • 11 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 11 replies
  • 0 likes