Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Is my phone compatible with Spotify?

Solved!

Is my phone compatible with Spotify?

Spotify should get along happily with most Android devices on the market running the v2.3 'Gingerbread' firmware.

For later devices, try installing the Preview version of the new Android app, available at http://www.spotify.com/download/previews/ - this should be compatible on all devices up to 4.0

Check out our mobile page for a full list of suported devices, and keep an eye on the blog for all future releases/updates.

Check out our Twitter for the latest updates on any service issues: @Spotifystatus

Problem solved? Click 'Accept as solution' to make it easier to find for others!

New to the Community? Check out our Community newbie tips
86 Replies

Hey guys, I don't know if this will apply to anyone else but I had the following problem: after upgrading my Galaxy S2 to ICS, Spotify would crash immediately after logging in and going to online mode. I tried reinstalling it multiple times but that didn't fix it. What did fix it though, was pressing the settings button in the login screen and choosing "Full Reset of Spotify". Apparently this cleared all old data and cached stuff from previous use and the app has been working fine after this. Just thought I'd share this since it might help someone else.

Spotify don't support ICS, and hilariously don't actually have plans to do so.

Further they provide Customer Service that makes Basil Fawlty seem like the most welcoming and efficient bloke in the world. 

Sigh, I do love Spotify really but they seem to be trying very, very hard to make me change my opinion.

@rferrett wrote:

This is completely untrue. While I share your pain, I don't know where you've seen that Spotify have no plans for ICS. A Spotify rep on this board stated yesterday that there is a new Android app in development and this fact was also tweeted by the Spotify France account a couple of weeks back. What they have no plans for is telling us when it might drop

----------------
Listening on Windows, Android and Sonos. Tweeting it at @davelicence

Really? THat must have changed recently then as oyur topic was "Under Consideration" before I went on holiday, and only last week on one of the threads here the rep/community leader blokey said he couldn't confirm ICS support.

Glad if it has been changed, but still utterly disgusted with Spotify over all this.

And I am certain even if a new app debuts which is compatible with ICS it will still be missing major functionality in the IOS/WP7 apps. Harumpf!

Hi, I am a premium user and I am serious problems login in on my mobil device. This has been going on for a very log time time. All I get is and invalid user/password combination. I have reset my password on facebook a number of times without any success. I using a Google Nexus One phone and I have just double checked on your webpage and its listed as a supported device. So could there be something that I am missing?

Hi, I am a premium user and I am serious problems login in on my mobil device. This has been going on for a very log time time. All I get is and invalid user/password combination. I have reset my password on facebook a number of times without any success. I using a Google Nexus One phone and I have just double checked on your webpage and its listed as a supported device. So could there be something that I am missing? Truth be told this is slightly annoying especially that I paid for the service!

@licenced wrote:

@rferrett wrote:

This is completely untrue. While I share your pain, I don't know where you've seen that Spotify have no plans for ICS. A Spotify rep on this board stated yesterday that there is a new Android app in development and this fact was also tweeted by the Spotify France account a couple of weeks back. What they have no plans for is telling us when it might drop

Although the rep mentioned that it's in development it is true that on the Ideas board this is marked only as 'Under Consideration' at the moment, which is a little hilarious. Either it's planned or it isn't. This isn't something that needs to be considered.

Spyke

Marked as solution

The ICS app is in development.

There is no specific development for Honeycomb (although it's likely that any ICS-compatible app will work on 3.x too).

That's the reason given for it still being Under Consideration rather than Planned

----------------
Listening on Windows, Android and Sonos. Tweeting it at @davelicence

Hi,

serioulsy wont anyone from Spotify come to my help??? What is the point of being a premium user if I can not use the service on my mobile device!!!!!!  I am having serious problems login in on my mobil device. This has been going on for a very log time time. All I get is and invalid user/password combination. I have reset my password on facebook a number of times without any success. I using a Google Nexus One phone and I have just double checked on your webpage and its listed as a supported device. So could there be something that I am missing? Truth be told this is slightly annoying especially that I paid for the service!

Lots of stories in the online Techpress. Cnet crave, Phandroid have both run stories about the rubbish Android app that have appeared in my RSS feed.

C'mon Spotify, time is of the essence! 

@Kwathutalk wrote:

Hi,

I am having serious problems login in on my mobil device.

If you're using SwiftKey, check that it's not putting a space on the end of your user name.

That swiftkey thing is annoying! Though a whine about that is probably best for their forum and not here! Wonder if I can still find my VIP login details for their place!

No I am not using SwitKey. This is not good. I am paying to be a premium user so that I can have mobile access to Spotify. If this can not be resolved then there is no point to continue paying for the service. I need a solution!

@Kwathutalk

Sounds very frustrating. You are running a Nexus One right? What software? Gingerbread or do oyu have a custom ICS rom? That might be your difficulty.

Failing that have you tried logging in with your Spotify logon rather than Facebook logon details? 

Hi, Yes I am running version 2.3.4 which on the Google Nexus one (HTC) and I long in with my Facebook details but it never ever works. I do not use a Internet Sharing Connection if that is what you are refering to. i just want to be able to log on and listen to music. What is so annoying is that there seems not to be any help from Spotify on this issue! How do they work like that???

Generally oyu can either log in using Facebook details or Spotify details. I suggest you set up a Spotify login and try to login that way. Might help? And surely worth a try no?

I have tried creating a Spotify login credetials but it keeps refusing because I already have a facebook connected account! So its really fustrating!

Blimey. Dont really know how to advise. 

I'd say your best bet is emailing them directly now TBH.

But how do I email them? What is their support email?!

Kwathutalk - Just going over your posts. Here's one suggestion - You might want to message yourself the login details that work over on your computer to yourself, then copy and paste those credentials into the username / password field in the application. At least this way, you can be 100% certain that it's the correct details. 

Airhorn Enthusiast

Suggested posts