Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Is my phone compatible with Spotify?

Solved!

Is my phone compatible with Spotify?

I recently got an email about Spotify being offered free on mobile. When I tried to install it from Google Play, I got an error saying my device is incompatible with the app. I have a Sony Xperia SP running Android version 4.1.2. I wasn't sure if this was the problem or if it's because my phone has service in a different country than my Spotify account is in.

All I could find on compatibility was this old thread, but it's solution for old Android versions is no longer there. Any other suggestions?

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

The android version is fine but if your Google account is registered for a country where Spotify hasn't launched, you won't be able to download it from Play. You could try going to m.spotify.com and download from there instead. You'll need t enable installation from unknown sources in the android options.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Marked as solution

The android version is fine but if your Google account is registered for a country where Spotify hasn't launched, you won't be able to download it from Play. You could try going to m.spotify.com and download from there instead. You'll need t enable installation from unknown sources in the android options.

That worked perfectly, thanks so much!

Suggested posts