Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Issue with offline mode and no internet connection

Solved!

Issue with offline mode and no internet connection

I have spotify premium and a htc one with the latest firmware. If I toggle between offline and online mode it stays in offline mode and after that I can't play music. If it works (sometimes) to switch than it says no internet connection and I can't play offline stuff either. I resetet my phone and it worked for a day but than I experienced the same problem again.
I hate to pay for something that doesen't work and which steals me so much time does anyone have a solution?

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

@lynzsue Quite a few folk who are beta testing Collection are getting problems with long start times and frequent "no connection" warnings while spotify loads. I found that deleting the spotify cache from options helped a lot as did reducing the number of albums added to Collection.

Are you on the beta programme or just lucky?

View solution in original post

20 Replies

Hi. Could you try clearing the cache from the spotify settings menu then reinstall the app to see if it helps.

Already did this 3 times and it worked for a day but there has to be a better fix cause I had to download my playlist every time I did this

Which version of android are you running and do you have the new Collection feature on the HTC by any chance?

I'm having this exact problem with my moto x. Android version 4,2.2 and, yes, I have "collection".

Marked as solution

@lynzsue Quite a few folk who are beta testing Collection are getting problems with long start times and frequent "no connection" warnings while spotify loads. I found that deleting the spotify cache from options helped a lot as did reducing the number of albums added to Collection.

Are you on the beta programme or just lucky?

Im not on the beta programme so I guess I'm just "lucky". Clearing the cache worked for now, fingers crossed it keeps working.
It's quite annoying being lucky but thank you for the reply.

I'm having this issue on my Sprint HTC One when not on wifi.  It's awful--I can't search or anything, and every other app works just fine (because I have quite strong 4G signal).  Even Rdio works (which tends to have connection issues).

That's pretty strange @djshackesq . If spotify works over wifi it should work as well over mobile data. Can I just check a couple of things with you - 

• Is "download over 2g/3g" switched on in spotify settings?
  • Do you use mobile roaming?
  • Is this something which recently started causing problems or has it never worked properly over mobile data?

Download over 2G/3G is not switched on and I don't use mobile roaming (it's enabled, but I'm on Sprint where I have this problem).  This also isn't very recent... I had it a while ago and stopped using the app as a result.

It may happen on wifi too, but I haven't tried yet.  What I'm thinking might cause it is having synced music from the Collection view (by artist/album).  When I was home using the app on wifi with no issues, the music wasn't synced yet.  Also, it seems people report this when they have Collection but not without.

Ah you have collection. Was this because you applied to beta test it or did it just appear? All I can suggest, if the much longer time spotify takes to start and stabilise is annoying, is to delete evereything from collection for now and delete the spotify cache.

I doubt this will get any better until Collection is out of beta.

I am in the beta, but I had it in the Android app prior to being accepted into the beta group.

I just did a clean install of the app with no music synced, and the problem doesn't seem to happen now.  My informal conclusion therefore is that the No internet Connection issue is related to downloading music from the Collection (as opposed to by Playlist).

Indeed, that's why I said to clear everything in Collection. If you have other issues or ideas, please post in the relevant beta forum to avoid confusion, thanks.

@lynzsue I'm just trying to collect some data to work out why random android users have received Collection even though they didn't apply for the beta programme.. Could you please let me have the username of your account (By private message if you prefer)

Thanks..

I'd like to point out that this is still a major issue when albums/artists have been downloaded and not on WiFi... It's awful. Any updates?

@djshackesq If you are on the Collection Beta programme, please post in the beta thread. If you are not on the beta programme, get in touch with support and they should be able to remove the collection feature from your account.

Meanwhile, deleting everything from collection or, Your Music, as it is now called and not adding anything to it should fix the problem.

Spoiler
old lady + loved my spotify = pretty pissed off!

i have spotify prem. all of the sudden I am in offline mode. I have tried everything that spotify recommends for fixing the problem. I uninstalled and now? for over 30 minutes I am  " preparing  your installation, please wait" screen. just a mm from being done it doesn't go any further. this is the third time I have tried to reinstall it. I don't understand young folk technical talk so please use " old woman" verbage if you respond?

Hello @vonnie1747 . Which mobile phone do you have and what android version is shown in the phone settings > about phone?

it isn't on my phone, but on my desk top.

Suggested posts