Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Issue with the Search engine

Issue with the Search engine

Hi,

I'm writing to you because I'm getting a bad issue that prevents me from using the app normally. I have an Android phone (Samsung S9) with the latest firmware installed , the last update of the Spotify app, and my plan is Premium.

If I start playing a song, and while it is still playing, if I clic the search button to search another song, everything works ok. But, after this song has finished, and a new song has begun, if I try to clic the search button again, the search engine doesn't work anymore (I get a black screen with the turning wheel and after a few seconds I get an error message that tells me that something went wrong). The only way to make it work again is turning off and on the data connection. Then I'll be able to listen to ONE another song then the issue will occour again. This means that I can change ONE song, listen to it till it ends and a new one starts, and if then I want to search another song I must turn off and on the data connection. I'm sure it is not a signal reception problem, because in the meanwhile all the other apps requiring a data connection work ok.

Another important thing is that the issue occours only under mobile connection, while under wifi connection I have no issue.

I have already tried a cache and data wipe and a clean reinstallation.

Thank you for your help! 🙂

Ennio86

8 Replies

I forgot to write that the issue occours only searching songs using the search engine. If I want to play songs saved in my library, all works ok.

Thanks to all!

Up

Hey @Ennio86.

Thanks for reaching out to us about this - we'll be glad to help you out 🙂

Could you first try switching Offline mode on in your app settings and see if the issue persists? That way we'll be able to see if there is in fact an issue with your mobile network or whether it's the app that's playing up.

Thanks! Looking forward to hearing back from you.

Hi,

If I switch Offline mode on and I try to search a song I get a message that
informs me that I am offline and that I must connect to internet before
trying again.
The issue infact occours when I look up any song by clicking the search
button.

Thank you for your reply!

Ennio

Hey again Ennio, thanks for providing us with the info.

We know you already did this, but could you perform a clean reinstall of the app following the steps here?  

If that doesn't work, and if this only happens while using data connection, check you have enough data allowance and that your carrier settings are properly set up. This can include prevention of apps being able to use your mobile data. Keep in mind that Spotify relies on a stable internet connection to work properly.

Also make sure that Spotify is set as an exception for any battery-saving or cache-clearing apps.

Hope that helps!

Hi, 

Thank you for your help.

I've tried the clean reinstallation of the app as suggested in your link, and I've disabled the battery optimization function for the spotify app, and I am sure that the data connection is ok because while the issue is occourring in the search function, everything works ok if I go to the library and choose any song or album.

I hope in the next update of the app for the resolution of the bug.

Thank you again for now.

Ennio

Hey @Ennio86.

Thanks for getting back to us!

We'd like to ask you if you are using any cache clearing apps or battery saving apps? Or perhaps you are using the built in battery saver? This might hinder certain functions of the app so we would advise to switch it off.

Please also find out if you have the Data Saver on within the Spotify settings and if you have a certain data saver switched on in the settings of your mobile phone? Try making sure both are switched off and see if this helps.

Hope that works. Let us know what the result is, we'll be happy to help.

Have a nice day.

Hi,

Thank for your reply.

I don't have any applications installed to clear the cache memory or to save the battery, apart from the built-in utilities in Android operating system. But I've checked the settings and are disabled.

I also made sure that Spotify is excluded from any kind of battery or data saving in the apps settings menu (although the data or battery saving built-in modes are still disabled).

I think I will try to install Spotify on another phone and see what happens.

Thank you again,

Ennio

Suggested posts