Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Issues with Android and Desktop app

Issues with Android and Desktop app

I've searched a bit on my issue but i haven't something that is specific to my problem.

I have Spotify on my Android and on my desktop. When i'm on the same network, Spotify can either play on the phone or directly on my desktop. Problem is that when i get a notification that UserX has added tracks to a playlist i follow, the android app starts playing a song from the last open playlist on my phone.

I've had instances where i would get a notification on my android in the middle of the night and my desktop starts playing a song. It occured this morning again, where i was listening to an artist, spotify just switches to another track from one of my playlists. I check on my phone and sure enough i have a notification that someone added tracks to a random playlist i follow.

This is really annoying. Anybody else experiencing this?

4 Replies

Thats so weird. I have a simillar setup to you and cant say this has ever happened. I dont even get the notifications. Is there a way to turn off notifications that might sort your problem

Hope this helps

Gavin

What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?
Check me out on Twitter
Did this solve your problem? If so mark it as solution or if you liked this post feel free to give me Kudos for it

I've turned off the "Playlist Updated" from the push notifications after i posted my question. We'll see if it's a workaround.

I hope that fixes it but it is a weird problem

What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?
Check me out on Twitter
Did this solve your problem? If so mark it as solution or if you liked this post feel free to give me Kudos for it

So i got woken up again in the middle of the night with my desktop playing music from spotify. My phone was displaying that so and so added tracks to a playlist.

I double checked my settings and push notifications are OFF. I'm STILL getting notifications that trigger my desktop to start playing at random times.

Suggested posts