Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Issues with adding local files to my mobile device.

Solved!

Issues with adding local files to my mobile device.

So I'm having a bit of a problem here, I know there is the ability to add songs from your local files to your Spotify playlists and I'm trying to accomplish this so I can listen to songs not available on Spotify on my mobile device. I did this with my Rammstein music about a week ago and I can listen to all their music on my phone. I'm trying to do this again with another song but it keeps telling me "Song not available". I honestly don't know how to fix this I think all I did last time was drag and drop the music into a playlist and that was it, but now I can't seem to add this song. Can anybody help me out here? It's getting rather annoying. Thank you.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

@Vault_Hunter Do you know what format it is? Here are the local file formats supported by Spotify. 

Hope this helped 🙂

Don't forget to add your Kudos and mark as a solution if it helped you!

Follow me on Twitter

Whats a Spotify Rock Star?

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Hello @Vault_Hunter, welcome to the community!

Have you tried adding your local files to a playlist, connecting it to the same Wifi as your desktop and clicking the phone name and then "Sync with Spotify" and then making playlists with the local files available offline?  

Hope this helped 🙂

Follow me on Twitter

Thank you Josh and yes I am all synced up, but the song just won't download to my phone. I can listen to it from my desktop just fine, but it won't play on my phone and keeps telling me "This song is not available". I just did this successfully not too long ago but now I can't seem to add this one song. 

Marked as solution

@Vault_Hunter Do you know what format it is? Here are the local file formats supported by Spotify. 

Hope this helped 🙂

Follow me on Twitter

I didn't even think about the format wow don't I feel stupid now thank you very much for that answer Josh. Problem solved

Suggested posts