Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Jelly Bean

Solved!

Jelly Bean

So the long awaited Google Nexus 7 tablet was announced a couple of days ago and frankly it looks like a steal. My finger is hovering over the take my money now button but the one thing holding me back is whether Spotify will work with Jelly Bean (Android 4.1)? 

Is there anyone on here who was at Google IO and would be able to test this for me? 

Ben

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Yeah. The biggest issue was the constant offline mode for non-3g devices but this is fixed now
----------------
Listening on Windows, Android and Sonos. Tweeting it at @davelicence

View solution in original post

14 Replies

I don't see why it wouldn't work .. JB is very much just a step up from ICS rather than a complete change as between GB and ICS.

My N7 is on pre-order though - so if you give me a couple of weeks I'll be able to tell you for sure 🙂
----------------

Cool. I'm assuming the other tablet-related issues are now fixed to (apart from the lack of Landscape more - not a deal breaker for me)?

Marked as solution

Yeah. The biggest issue was the constant offline mode for non-3g devices but this is fixed now
----------------

On this same topic, if you were to use offline mode, how many songs could you hold on the 8gb and 16 gb versions on the tablet respectively? 

Depends on which quality you set to use. I have 1500 tracks downloaded at medium quality and Spotify's cache is near 9GB

Dave
----------------

Well, i just installed Spotify on my nexus s running Jelly Bean, and it is NOT working.

All my playlists remain empty...

But beacause it is a custom rom, i am not sure it is because of spotify.

Did every one already tried jelly bean and spotify?

I decided not to go with nexus 7 in the end but apparently preorder are shipping this week so I guess someone will try soon

Ditto, blank playlists here too. Did you find a fix or waiting for spotify to update the client?

Weel, it is working now.

I'm not sure how i did that, but spotify started to work on the morning after i installed Jelly Bean.

I know something happened when i launched google play music and played a few tracks, 'cause spotify suddenly started to synchronize my playlists, and then it stopped, and it's only on the morning after that spotify restarted its synchro.

I restarted my phone a lot of times too.

I hope this will be helpfull, and good luck !

Just installed on my Nexus 7 (awesome) and it appears to be working just fine. Although I have not downloaded any playlists for offline listening yet as I am at the three device limit already
----------------

Hi everyone, my playlists weren't downloading on my Nexus S so I decided to reinstall the app and redownload. Now they're downloading but my home screen widget is gone and there is no option to put it back on (including in tme widgets sectionof the main menu). Any ideas? Thanks in advance.

I have a Nexus 7, and am trying the Spotify premium 30 day trial.

I've never used the app before, so I can't say how it compares. 

I also can't find the widget and never could. Has anyone got the widget to work on jelly bean?

I just asked a colleague who has a Nexus 7 and he showed me. It's right there in the widgets list.

And here it is on the home screen:

Screenshot_2012-10-03-13-29-02.png

Community Ergo Sum

HELP PLEASE - I have a nexus 7 which I only use for music. I have Spotify premium and it regually goes ofline although the pad is still connected to the net. I can usually turn off the pad and when it reboots it usually works. As you can imagine this is a real pain at a party. I have reinstalled it but no change,

Suggested posts