Keep Spotify playing when closing all apps in task switcher?

Keep Spotify playing when closing all apps in task switcher?

eriknjoo
Regular

Hi,

All the previous music players I used before switching to Spotify (eg. Google Music, Poweramp) had this 'feature' where I went to the task switcher and closed all the recent apps, they kept playing music with the icon in the notification area and everything. I liked it since most of the time I wanted to exit all my recent apps and just keep listening to music.

I noticed that Spotify stops playing automatically when I hit the exit all apps button and removes the icon from the notification area, too, ie completely shuts down along with all the apps. 

Is there a way to prevent this from happening and set Spotify to never close unless I stop the music and swipe the player controller in the notification area away?

Many thanks in advance!

Erik (Samsung S7, Marshmallow)

62 Replies

Re: Keep Spotify playing when closing all apps in task switcher?

Sophia
Roadie

Hey @eriknjoo

Thanks for reaching out to the Spotify Community. We'd like to help. 

Right now, it's not possible to close all your recent apps and keep Spotify playing music. 

Don't worry. We appreciate your feedback and we'll make sure to pass it on to the relevant team. 

Let us know if you have any questions. We'll be here for you. 

Sophia, 

bwoodling
I too would enjoy this feature. It's so annoying to have the music stopped when trying to clear the RAM on my phone.

curtisrt
Casual Listener
Yep, this is a major and huge drawback to Spotify. Please find a fix.

user-removed
Not applicable
This feature is necessary and doesn't seem to be hard to implement into the existing application. Please add!

Raemelis
This was reported in Feb, Its going Sep now. You guys should be more efficent we are paying $9.99 a month!

- Samsung S8+

mehtacated

Totally add this

UCFGonzo
Casual Listener

Seriously...what's taking so long for this to happen? 

leeshiouyi

Help me dude! My is the main music app!!! Same problem but worst! Because it is the main music app! Help me help me!

akfernando
Casual Listener

On the Recent Apps screen hit the 3 vertical dots in the top right.  Then select Lock Apps.  Then select the lock on Spotify and hit done.  

This will prevent Spotify from being closed when you select Close All but if you swipe Spotify it will still close so make sure you just select Close All then leave the Recent Apps screen.  

SUGGESTED POSTS