Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Kindle Fire and Lastfm

Kindle Fire and Lastfm

Does anyone know how to enter login information for Lastfm on the Kindle Fire?

I've read that on other Android devices, all you have to do is hit enter when you've entered in the login and password info on the Settings screen. Unfortunately, there isn't an enter key on the Kindle Fire keyboard.

Has anyone figured this out? Thanks.

6 Replies

The Kindle Fire keyboard doesn't have an enter key? That doesn't sound right.

From what I can tell, it might change to 'Go' or 'Search' instead of the arrow symbol in some situations. Does that help?

Check out our Twitter for the latest updates on any service issues: @Spotifystatus

Problem solved? Click 'Accept as solution' to make it easier to find for others!

New to the Community? Check out our Community newbie tips

There is a green GO button in the bottom right-hand corner of the keyboard that displays in places like the web browser. In Spotify, the button is not present, and if you press the empty space, it assumes you're pushing the "." key, which is right beside it.

You can enter the information as many times as you like, but it will not accept it. As soon as you navigate off of the settings screen, the information is gone. I tried having something play while I entered the information and stayed on the settings screen. No scrobble. 

That's odd - I would have expected to see other reports of this by now. Could we get a screenshot of the keyboard, if the Fire supports that?

A reinstall of the app might be worth a go while we're at it.

Check out our Twitter for the latest updates on any service issues: @Spotifystatus

Problem solved? Click 'Accept as solution' to make it easier to find for others!

I have a picture of the keyboard while in app, but I can't for the life of me figure out how to attach it here.

Also, here's the text of a comment on Amazon's website from 8/8/12:

"It's quite simple. even though there's an option to add your last.Fm account in the settings. you cant save that info because there's no enter key in the keyboard on that screen. its a shame something so minute can break an app for those of us who use last.Fm. until that's fixed I have to stick to my mobile."

There's a follow-up comment to this review from another user on 9/8/12:

"Was wondering if I was alone with this issue. Spotify needs to add an enter button for that screen so it can save your last.fm credentials. Otherwise, it's a great app."

Ok, so it has been reported by other users. I'll get it chased up

Much appreciated.

Suggested posts