Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Lack of fast forword and rewind by holding headphones next/previous buttons

Solved!

Lack of fast forword and rewind by holding headphones next/previous buttons

Greetings,

I try to find out for very long if it is possible to get fast forward or rewind a song or track using the headphones without touching your smartphone, but could't find any solution. I would like sometime to have the options like on many other music streaming or playing apps, to hold the button on my headphones, and the music sounds accelerated but you can figure out the moment when you want to stop, and from when you want to listen. By now the two only ways to do it on android is by getting your phone into your hands and clicking/sliding on the timeline (but for me it's dangerous, because I ride on almost everyday basis on my bike. Having to look on the screen of my phone and not having full attention on the road, I'm risking my own or someone else's health as well as life). And with the google assistant, but the problem with it is not everytime it recognizes the command because of wind noises, or instead of getting to the certain time of track it makes a search, so it isn't so reliable. Please, does anyone know if there is a way of having the fast forward or rewind option using the buttons on headphones, earphones? In many other apps it is working, but not in spotify. Maybe there are some hidden settings for this, or there is an external additional app that can help with that task (doesn't matter if for rooted device). By the way free or premium account doesn't change the behavior, even if somwhere I found articles that the premium account unlocks it. The last hope is to ask the developers of Spotify® to give us that option in a future update, maybe they will listen to that request and help many people (because personally I think it is a feature needed by many users).

Kinds regards

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey @user-removed,

Thanks for reaching out to the Community.

As we haven’t seen any similar posts about this recently, we feel this is most likely isolated to your device or specific setup. We recommend keeping an eye out for future updates to the app, but can't set a specific timeframe for when this issue will be fixed. For now, we recommend contacting the device manufacturer for further help.

We'd also like to refer you to the Idea Exchange in the Community for any further feedback you might have, where you can either vote for an existing idea or you can submit your own idea.

The Community team is actively bringing your feedback to the internal teams at Spotify - check how here.

Hope you find this useful. Keep us posted if you have any questions.

Mihail Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Marked as solution

Hey @user-removed,

Thanks for reaching out to the Community.

As we haven’t seen any similar posts about this recently, we feel this is most likely isolated to your device or specific setup. We recommend keeping an eye out for future updates to the app, but can't set a specific timeframe for when this issue will be fixed. For now, we recommend contacting the device manufacturer for further help.

We'd also like to refer you to the Idea Exchange in the Community for any further feedback you might have, where you can either vote for an existing idea or you can submit your own idea.

The Community team is actively bringing your feedback to the internal teams at Spotify - check how here.

Hope you find this useful. Keep us posted if you have any questions.

Mihail Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts