Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Landscape mode update

Landscape mode update

People are screaming out for it and the only update I can find is from well over a year ago at http://community.spotify.com/t5/Spotify-Ideas/Landscape-orientation-on-Mobile/idi-p/691

Can anyone at Spotify give us an answer as to whether this has got any further? This should be high on your priorities of features. 

4 Replies

I check in every now and then to see if any of the obvious needs for the Android app have been fixed. I would like to see landscape mode and the ability to sort playlists alphabetically. I tend to download entire albums and it's frustrating that they can't be sorted properly for ease of use.

I've been with Rdio for the last 3-4 months. Their app has both features, similar catalog, and same price.

As soon as Spotify resolves the problems with its Android app, I will return. Until then, I'll enjoy music using Rdio's superior app.

UPDATE: Happy to report just downloaded new version and sorting is working!

Just to update this thread, we're happy to announce that we're bringing landscape mode to the Android app in the newest release.

It's rolling out to users at the moment, so be sure to get the update from Google Play when it's available.

(Slightly) more information available in the release notes thread.

Enjoy!

Check out our Twitter for the latest updates on any service issues: @Spotifystatus

Problem solved? Click 'Accept as solution' to make it easier to find for others!

New to the Community? Check out our Community newbie tips

Thanks for the effort, it seems that we finally get little attention from spotify these lasts weeks.

But for landscape, the Now playing screen is really ugly.

Sorry for being rude but you have ignored us for too long. You will have to provide much more quality updates to get my satisfaction.

And I am not even talking about all the others infamous bugs that remains.

Suggested posts