Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Last client update was november 2011

Solved!

Last client update was november 2011

Hello,

I've asked around (facebook, twitter) and nobody answered me. The Android client is a real piece of **bleep**. 

It's hellishly slow. When someone sends an album or a playlist to my inbox, I can"t access it from my phone (single tracks only). The RAM usage is just ludicrous, so as soon as I open any other app, without playing music, Spotify closes, and since it takes 4 mn to boot and be usable, it's a real pain.

Seriously people, I know iPhones are the main trend, but android users are numerous enough to spend a few thousand bucks on a client update, dontcha think?

I give you 20€ every month (two accounts, one for me, one for my wife) and I expect a certain quality of service. Every day I pester against your android client, and I seriously think about closing both of my accounts.

At the very least, please give me an estimated time of update.

187 Replies

I also sent them an email which is kind of like yours.

It's been few days since then and I don't even expect an answer, this is so depressing for us Android users.

If I wouldn't like the desktop software that much, I would have switched already.

I'm giving them some more weeks to get an official reply concerning the status of the app before I finally switch to rdio.

Three weeks and still nothing of value from spotify.Guys, trust me, this thread is going nowhere. I could cancel my premium account and still bump this thread every once in a while.

It s exactly the same behaviour as other big firms. If you have something positive to say, tell them 500 times. If it s negative, say nothing at all. 

So one day they will answer, but not until they have an update for us ready anyway.

Next android client better be really **bleep**ing good. But everybody knows we'll get a watered down iOS client.

Considering there're twice as much android terminals than iOS' ... I'm wondering if some Apple dicks are waiting in line to get sucked in Spotify's office.

Ho, and btw, RDIO looks promising, but it doesn't run in europe yet.

And why this thread is now flagged as solved? Awesome ! Nothing valuable from staff, and it gets solved nonetheless ! 

Time to snailmail some of my dog's best bits.

notsolved

Where does it say flagged as fixed?

Somebody set "stop paying", "change service" and such posts as "solution", haha even if this is hilarious, as it actually is a "solution" to the problem that the app does not work, it's not a solution the real issue. Stop accepting such posts as solutions, and perhaps Spotify will actually take this seriously.

It said "solution found" on the first post of this thread, but it's not the Spotify Team that said it was a solution, it was "one of us" accepting posts as solutions.

Yeah, that happened in this topic that I created as well, someone marked a terrible workaround as a solution. Maybe they hit the 'accept as solution' button instead of 'reply' as they are next to each other. Luckily, you can remove the 'mark as solution'.

I bumped this topic to the top this morning using a button at the top, because it is more or less the same as my topic, but already had 7 pages of people replying. Hope Spotify takes notice soon.... Let's kudo the hell out of these topics as well, that might help...

I concur !

@Calibrae wrote:

Ho, and btw, RDIO looks promising, but it doesn't run in europe yet.

And the keyword there is YET. They just announced they plan to rollout to the rest of Europe pretty soon. Might convince Spotify to kick their development up a notch or seven

----------------
Listening on Windows, Android and Sonos. Tweeting it at @davelicence

Indeed 🙂
Until then, I'm sitting on my arse and remembering to bump this thread every day.

Pissed off Android premium user checking in. 

4 months since an update to an app that already wasn't working well is ridiculous. No responses from twitter, facebook, email. Giving it a month or so more before I am done with it. Stop taking our money and sending it to the **bleep** iOS app, Spotify. 

I have finally recived an answer:

Hej Mattias, 

Tack så mycket för ditt email och jag är ledsen att detta upprör dig (och många andra). 

Vi är medvetna om att det har varit vissa bekymmer med appen för Android, men jag kan berätta att en helt ny Android app håller på att byggas i detta nu och vi kan knappt bärga oss tills den kommer ut! Dessvärre kan jag inte ge dig ett exakt datum då jag inte vill lova något som vi kanske inte kan hålla och göra dig besviken igen. Det är därför vi brukar hänvisa till bloggen då detta är ett ypperligt sätt att basunera ut nyheter till en stor grupp användare. 

Jag vet att detta inte var svaret du ville ha, men det kändes lite dumt att bara skriva ingen kommentar då jag förstår din frustration. 
Vänliga hälsningar, 

Jennie Eklund 

Spotify Customer Service - Cambridge 
English
Hello Mattias,

Thank you for your email and I'm sorry that this upsets you (and many others).

We are aware that there have been some troubles with the app for Android, but I can tell you that a new Android app is being built as we speak and we can not wait until it comes out! Unfortunately, I can not give you an exact date because I do not want to promisesomething that we may not be able to hold it and let you down again. That is why weusually refer to the blog as this is an excellent way to announce news of a large group of users.

I know that this was not the answer you wanted, but it felt a bit silly to just write no comment as I understand your frustration.
Best regards,

Jennie Eklund

Spotify Customer Service - Cambridge 

4 months and still unable to estimate the time of release? They're screwing with us. According to another thread they mentioned their android developers. Yeah... plural.
I'd bet there's no android dev at spotify. Only a couple iOS ones willing to dabble into android code.

Check their blog? Yeah the last blog update with the word Android in the title was from October of last year.

Buuuuull**bleep**.

It really annoys me that I come here and be so negative because I have always loved Spotify. In fact for ages I evangelised about it to anyone who would listen and quite a few people who wouldn't.

But their shoddy CS, refusal to engage on communities like this and Get Satisfaction really leave a sour taste in the mouth.

And frankly even if the new app isn't ready, they should have done a temporary ICS compatibility fix by now. It is a joke and a disgrace that this hasn't been done and I am frankly ever so cross.

Maybe if some tech news websites start to talk about that issues, Spotify will give us some information or updates. Anyone here knows bloggers from TechCrucnh, Mashable, etc ...?

Spotify, you've already pissed off your android PREMIUM users ...

Hell, I fought for a long while with pals tellling me spotify was just another **bleep**ing majors.
I've stopped that. I connect to spotify from France and Germany, and you can clearly see the difference. Or when a UK friend send me an album I can't listen because "it's not available in your country"
WTF that means? Internet has borders now?
Nope, Spotify has.

add the android client to that major problem, and you .. just... keep on getting postal ideas.

But album problems are not really spotify only problems. All streaming services have these problems, because they have to sign special deals for each country and they can only give us the music they get out of these contracts. Sometimes an album is not released in a specific country, sometimes it is just another version of the same album, so the linking does not work.

Suggested posts