Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Library gone, everything moved to non alphabetized suggested list

Library gone, everything moved to non alphabetized suggested list

Plan

Premium

Country

USA

Device

Galaxy S7

My Question or Issue

My whole library is gone and everything in it has been moved to a non alphabetized suggested list.  How do I recover my library the way it was and why did it change?

3 Replies

That's Spotify doing their thing. No dime given if you like it or not. I cannot imagine any other reason they changed that. Nobody likes it. 

Hi @Bweiner10,

I understand your frustration with these changes. Here is a page that goes over the changes and how they work. 

I believe you are probably expressing frustration specifically with the artists tab on this post, right? With the update, the artist tab now only houses artists you're following (which you can sort alphabetically), and then suggested artists underneath. It won't have artists there that you have songs by in your "liked songs" but do not follow. If you would like to mass-follow all the artists you have songs by, you can find a tool in this thread to help with that. 

I realize this is not the exact functionality you're looking for. I do hope it helps somewhat, though. 

This is Spotify's new way to allow you to "find your favorite music faster" and to provide a "better listening experience for everyone".

Except clearly not everyone, since you're not the only person to hate this change.

The first complaint about not being able to list your entire library by artist or to list all songs was made back in February when it was released to a small group of beta testers. When they mass released it in June to everyone, the feedback was intensely negative here on the Community page, and on Reddit, Twitter, YouTube, and plenty of news sites/blogs, etc.

Every post so far on the Community page about this has been listed as "Not Right Now" or some other tag that basically says Spotify is not interested in returning the basic functionality that every music library has.

And somehow Spotify seems to not recognize that Following all artists is a poor substitute, since it negates the ACTUALLY good idea of being able to sort or filter your library by favorite artists.

Here are two recent threads where people express your same frustrations:

https://community.spotify.com/t5/Live-Ideas/Your-Library-Bring-back-Artist-page-that-contains-saved-...

https://community.spotify.com/t5/Live-Ideas/Your-Music-Automatically-follow-artists-whose-songs-are-...

As a result of Spotify repeatedly insisting that this is not worth changing, I implore you to do as I did and cancel any Premium subscription you have and move services.

Speak with your wallet, they have zero incentive to change if they keep getting paid.

I want to stick with Spotify, but to make finding my music more difficult through one of the most confusingly poor decisions ever, that doesn't deserve my fiancial support.

Suggested posts