Free/Premium

Country

USA

Device

LG

Operating System

(Android)

My Question or Issue

When you both like and dislike on a song does that show you like the band, but not the song ?

18 Replies

Hi @BeatnikM, thanks for writing!

It's not possible to like and dislike a song simultaneously. If you tap exactly at the same time on both icons, an error message shows up.

Let me know if you have any other questions 🙂

BittencourtSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

But I can ?

Screenshot_2019-03-06-07-11-21.png

Hey @BeatnikM,

Could you please reinstall the app to make sure you have the latest Spotify version?  

https://support.spotify.com/using_spotify/troubleshooting/reinstallation-of-spotify/

Also make sure your Android version is up-to-date and let me know if this helps!

BittencourtSpotify Star

I just uninstalled restarted and reinstalled. Same thing. I noticed it says "hidden in this list" when I do this. Here's images of this, spotify and android versions I have.

Screenshot_2019-03-07-07-27-29.png

Screenshot_2019-03-07-07-28-23.png

I've tried 9 times to post this last image from my phone with no luck. This twice so far from my desktop. This web site is **bleep**

See if I past the intelligence test and this posts.

Screenshot_2019-03-07-07-26-16.png

Hey @BeatnikM,

Can you tell me the exact steps you're is trying to get this?

Did you check if this also occurs when accessing your account on a different device? 

It'd be also a good idea to try connecting to a different network connection (for example, from WiFi to 3G/4G or a different WiFi connection) and see if it persists.

Keep me posted!

BittencourtSpotify Star

It's possible on daily mix, discover weekly and release radar for sure. Wifi, 4Glte on mym phone. I'll try on my pc when I get home later.

When I enter a playlist and scrolll through I like and dislike before I play.

What I am attempting to do is keep it from playing hits and play deep cuts.

Ok @BeatnikM,

Have you checked on your desktop app or any other device to see what happens?

BittencourtSpotify Star

I've been fighting the app locking up a lot, so that's been my biggest issue right now. Seems to be real slow at changing album artwork and if I don't wait and do anything at that time it locks, sometimes half a song or more waiting before I can do anything.

I'll try on the pc at home tonight. I'm thinking the simutaneous thing is just to skip a song you don't want to hear in that playlist ?

Well @BeatnikM , I haven't seen any other user going through this issue - I didn't even know it was possible to do without getting an error message.

Anyway, I'll wait until you try on you PC. 

Keep me posted!

BittencourtSpotify Star

On my pc (linux Ubuntu, Google Chrome) I only get the one heart. There's not even an option to dislike that I saw, just the heart on or off.

OK @BeatnikM,

I guess this is the expected behavior. Hearting a song adds it to your favorite songs, and banning it (when available) only makes the play unplayable in that customized playlist.

Could you please give me more details about the issue you said in an earlier post, about the app locking up a lot?

Also, are you using any cache clearing or battery optimizing apps? If so, you have to make sure Spotify is set as an exception. 

BittencourtSpotify Star

I've had nothing but problems with this app crashing, I'm glad I hadn't paid yet. Deleting the app.

Thanks for your help.

When it's snooping and sending ads knowing I just started using my phone without even opening the app that's too much. Probably part of why it uses up resources and crashes.

Screenshot_2019-03-15-15-24-22.png

Suggested posts