Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Like button not updating

Like button not updating

Plan

Premium Family

Country

Germany

Device

Galaxy S22 Ultra 5G

Operating System

Android 13, OneUI 5.1

My Question or Issue

On the mobile app in some listening situations the like songs button isn't working properly. It'll add the song to your liked songs but it won't update, so the heart stays empty and clicking it repeatedly just gives the bottom screen notification that the song has been added to liked songs and that works fine but the heart won't update to the green filled and thus allows me to click it again and again. 

It is a bit annoying as I'm not able to see with a glance whether the song is already added in my songs. 

I cannot say with confidence how to replicate it 100% as it seems to be almost everything although last week it worked for a while, I think it was during listening songs from a discovery weekly playlist? but I'm not sure.

The first screenshot is a song that is already in my library yet not showing as such in this view, it's the same for the minimized player and the heart in the expanded notification

The second screenshot is the notification I get after pressing the heart 

Screenshot_20230529_071450_Spotify.png
Screenshot_20230529_072322_Spotify.png
12 Replies

Yes, i have the same issue. While sharing the playlist link to my friend.

Hi folks, 

Thanks for the posts. 

This sounds like an issue with some of the app files. It's a good idea to Log out everywhere, do a clean reinstall of the app, following this guide exactly and then logging back in. This process should sync your account with the servers and will clear any possibly corrupted app cache.

@Hukolpa, can you clarify if the Heart button is not working for you always or only when you've sent a link to a playlist to your friend. Does this happen only in the shared playlist and is that playlist marked as Collaborative?

Hope this helps. 

AlexModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Thanks for the tips. I'll try that. As I'm not sure when this error occurs, since it didn't show up again after my original post. 

If the error doesn't occur again I'll accept this as a solution

Plan

Free/Premium

Country

Fence

Device

(iPhone 8, Samsung Galaxy 9, Macbook Pro late 2016)

Operating System

(iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.)

My Question or Issue

Hi since a year, when I try to add some songs (issue doesn't exist for all songs but for most of), I open my phone's notification center to add a song into favorites, but the heath doesn't fill in. So I don't know if it's added. Then I open the application, and go again to song to add it into favorites, I see the message "it's added" but still the heart doesn't fill in.

That's very annoying, normally it should take 5 seconds, but with this bug I spend a minute to be sure.

I've the latest version of the application, Android 12. And it is (bug) on since at least 6 months!

Can you please find a solution for this. While driving it's so annoying and dangerous!!

I add some screen, I captured the screens for one singer but it happens for many others.

If you are not capable to find a solution for this, I will ask for partial refund, because your service doesn't work properly!

The second one of ssh

I use Spotify premium!

Anyone to help?

Hi, @M_R23,

Thanks for reaching out. I just came across your post.

Can you do a complete clean reinstall of the app, following this guide, let me know if the issue continues. 

Sometimes corrupted app cache can cause such issues, but you should be able to remove that following the guide. 

On another note, ensure that Battery Saver is switched off for the Spotify app from your phone's settings. This can also cause similar issues. 

Let us know how you get on.

AlexModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.

Plan Premium

Device

Galaxy J7 Neo

Operating System

Android 9

My Question or Issue

I have this issue only on my phone,on other platforms like on PC i still can remove the songs or like.

Before the updates it was fine on this device,but after this im having this issue and i have tried everything.

Cleaning cache,reinstalling the app and nothing changed i dont no what happend to have this issue only on my phone (Galaxy J7 Neo) so...yeah i dont no what to do now.

Please help ;')

Hey folks,

If the issue persists after trying out the suggested troubleshooting steps, please share the following info (if you haven't already) so we can investigate further:

• your device's make, model and OS version
  • the version of Spotify you're running
  • any other troubleshooting you've tried

We'll be on the lookout for your replies.

YordanModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".

Hello,

the issue persists but I cannot comprehensively repeat the issue because it seems quite random whether it functions or not.

Brand: Samsung

Product name: Galaxy S22 Ultra

Model name: SM-S908B/DS

OS-Version: One UI 5.1 / Android 13 / Build number TP1A.220624.014.S908BXXS6CWGA

Spotify-Version: 8.8.64.554

I've tried to reinstall it, cleared the cache and data, restarted my phone, updated the device software as well as the app software and all the other steps posted in this thread but it still persists.

Suggested posts