Free

Country

Argentina

Device

J2Prime

Operating System

Android

My Question or Issue

Hi there. I was reading about spotify on blogs and wanted to give it a try. One thing that I need is to save data, so a low quality streaming is what I'm looking for. 

I downloaded Spotify Lite from the store. But I couldn't find those options about quality mentioned on blogs and forums. 

So should I download the full big version of Spotify or Lite is doing it's thing already?

Thanks in advance

P.S BTW no I'm not a robot. 

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey @Cundo,

I've consulted with Spotify staff, and it turns out that there are no settings to change the audio quality on the Android Spotify Lite app when you're on the free plan. However, I've confirmed that the audio quality is automatically set to basic (the lowest option) which will only use up approximately 0.5 MB per song.

If you would like to change the audio quality of the free plan, you would need to use the regular Spotify app. However, since the Spotify Lite app is set to the lowest quality by default, I would recommend sticking with that app since it has additional data-saving features such as setting a monthly mobile data limit for the app.

Hope this helps — I'll be here in case you need any further help 🙂

NoahSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

View solution in original post

Marked as solution

They have updated the Lite app and now you can select the song quality! Thanks to all !

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Hey @Cundo,

Thanks for reaching out. Welcome to the community!

You should be able to change the audio quality using both the regular Spotify app and the Spotify Lite app. Here's how to change the audio quality on the Spotify Lite app:

1. Tap Home icon_home.png.
  2. Tap Settings icon_settings.png.
  3. Tap Audio Quality, and select your preferred audio quality.

Note: Only the basic, normal, and high audio qualities are available with the Spotify free plan. "Very high" is only available with Premium.

For steps to change the audio quality on the regular Spotify app, please see this support article.

Let me know if you have any questions. Happy listening 🙂

NoahSpotify Star

Hi there Noah. Can't find that option in Lite.

Screenshot_20190831-105320.png
Marked as solution

Hey @Cundo,

I've consulted with Spotify staff, and it turns out that there are no settings to change the audio quality on the Android Spotify Lite app when you're on the free plan. However, I've confirmed that the audio quality is automatically set to basic (the lowest option) which will only use up approximately 0.5 MB per song.

If you would like to change the audio quality of the free plan, you would need to use the regular Spotify app. However, since the Spotify Lite app is set to the lowest quality by default, I would recommend sticking with that app since it has additional data-saving features such as setting a monthly mobile data limit for the app.

Hope this helps — I'll be here in case you need any further help 🙂

NoahSpotify Star
Marked as solution

They have updated the Lite app and now you can select the song quality! Thanks to all !

Suggested posts