Premium

Country

Thailand

Device

Samsung Note 10, Lenovo

Operating System

Android, Windows 10

My Question or Issue

Hi, I can't play the local files, which I have on my PC, on my mobile device.

I have enabled the local file on my PC. It is working just fine. I followed all the steps, add the song into the playlists even new playlists. However, on my mobile device, this song is grey. When I clicked on it, the track below just pop-up the song name and disappear in less than 1 second. When tapping on the detail of the music on my mobile devices, I only have 2 options; like and remove from playlist.

I have a premium subscription. My PC and my mobile devices are connected to the same account. They are on the same Wifi-network, tried 2 different networks too. They both have the latest version of Spotify. This file on the PC is a .mp3. Tried restarting devices. Tried re-adding the media. Tried creating new playlists, old playlists, downloaded playlists and non-downloaded playlists.

I tried to look out for in all other posts and their solutions but nothing works. This person seems to have a similar or even the same problem as I do. Except, my music is not even downloaded (no green circle) even they are under Wifi or when I enabled download with Cellular data. Those methods don't work with mine too.

https://community.spotify.com/t5/Android/Android-Local-files-randomly-turn-unplayable-eventhough-sti...

Help would be much appreciated. Thank you.

93888738_262223605176376_524116203455643648_n.jpg

93775117_160268005280341_6712272007989297152_n.jpg

  

1 Reply

Do you have the  folder path setup under "Settings > Local Files > Show songs from"? Because this happened to me too after the Spotify client updated itself. It removed all my linked folders and I had to put them back in. 

Edit: I think I missed that part on your post. Sorry. 

Suggested posts