Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Local Files Greyed Out for Android Samsung Device and Laptop, Unable to Save.

Local Files Greyed Out for Android Samsung Device and Laptop, Unable to Save.

I have a Samsung S4 LTE running Kitkat, and an HP Probook running Windows 7. Have also got the latest mobile update for spotify running.

I had a few .wma files lurking on my Samsung of  Acoustic versions Marianas Trench did on their Face the Music E.P., and on their deluxe album of Masterpiece Theatre. They are legal versions taht got sent to my Samsung when I upgarded my laptop, before I had Spotify Premium. Anyway, I have today converted them to .mp3 from .wma and they play fine on the laptop. 2 of the 3 in question producing this issue are also downloading to the device and playing fine on that too. 

However Files #1 & #2 are not able to be put into "Saved Music" - the main place I shuffle from when driving. I barely use playlists. 

The third file was not even needing to be converted to .mp3, it was already saved as that, but it wouldn't download to my device - kept showing as greyed out, unable to download and giving me a message saying unavailable.

Deleted all three files from Spotify on my Pro-book and went to re-attach them to Spotify. Now only Files #1 & #2 will go onto the Laptop version, and onto the device. File #3 won't even go onto the laptop.

All 3 files are greyed out on the laptop and unable to be saved on the laptop's Saved Music file either.

Help!

2 Replies

There's a section in my guide for Offline/Synced Playlists, can you try the steps given there?

[GUIDE] How to fix common issues for Spotify on Android

Please use the search feature before posting a problem/bug/idea.
What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?
     Using Spotify Since March 10th 2009
     Twitter: @mechanimal82

Android Troubleshooting:
[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues
Spotify Android Version History

Hey, that solution definitely ahs nothing to do with my issues...

Have now purchased the songs off iTunes in an attempt to rectify. Now the songs are copying onto the Android Device, but they won't filter through into All Songs so I can't just put the thing on shuffle and let it do it's thing. ]

Can't Save the songs on the laptop either. See screenshot below:

screenshot.png

Grey outs are for example, So It Goes (Bonus Track) (See artist and album)...

Causing me to not be able to Save.

Yes, I have Quicktime and the Codec for MP3 too. 

Stuck here.

Suggested posts