Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Local Files Playlist, pausing after every song

Solved!

Local Files Playlist, pausing after every song

Basically I added a few local file from my PC onto spoitfy and made a playlist of those songs, it works fine on my computer however on my LG G3 Android, that playlist in particular stops every one or two songs and I have to manually press play again to get it to continue. I've done a lot of searching about this and have seen quite a few others suffering from similar issues, all spoify's FAQ has to say is that this occurs when you have a free account for when you're searching songs, however neither of these is the case, I have a premium account and these are local files, I've tried reinstalling spoitfy on my phone, I've made the playlist available offline on my phone and even tried running the playlist while being in offline mode however the problem persists. If anyone has a solution or Spoitfy could work on a fix soon that would be great.

Also just in case I wasn't clear, it's only happening with this playlist  which is my only 'local files' playlist.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Yeah but what if your phone doesnt have the latest update for the app? Because the lg g4 is coming out soon and if you look at companies like apple, they care a lot less about customer satisfaction on their old phones than they do on their new ones. If you take a broken iphone 4 into apple they are just gonna not try to fix it and try to convince you to get an iphone 6, trust me ive been to many repair shops trying to find a cheaper fix for my phones but they all said that if you want the best stuff you have to get the new phone, thats a companies goal in order to be successful and take all your money. My iphone 4 also was in 100 percent working condition i just could not stand how slow the phone was and how bad every app worked on it after switching from a new model of phone to an old model.

View solution in original post

8 Replies

Did this happen on a previous version? You could try a previous version of the app (possibly 2.6) to see if it's only occurring in the latest version. You can grab the apk from the link in my signature.

Please use the search feature before posting a problem/bug/idea.
What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?
     Using Spotify Since March 10th 2009
     Twitter: @mechanimal82

Android Troubleshooting:
[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues
Spotify Android Version History

Not sure to be honest, I've already tried reinstalling spotify on my phone twice and have had to redowload a few hundred songs, so I'm hoping there's a way to fix this without going thorugh the process again. I even tried making tha playlist and local files avilable from my laptop instead but still same issue.

It might just be your phone being old or not in the condition it should be. I brought a perfectly fine galaxy s4 a week ago to a repair store and i somehow fried the battery and damaged the hardware and i only had it for a year. The same thing happened on that phone and the iphone 4 i had to switch too after breaking my phone. The problem stopped when i switched to a well working iphone 5

I had premium for all of these phones with the latest app update that phone was capable of too, so i have no other reasonable explanation for this phenomenon. Im pretty sure that the big phone companies make it so they dont allow their older phone to receive new updates for their apps, so youll buy their new "better working" phone, so it may not be the newest app version. The same thing happened for snapchat because i wasnt able to use the newest features on the app.

My phone is new and in great condition but even if it wasn't this problem is extremely unlikely to be hardware related, doesn't make sense unless my phone had other symptoms of hardware malfunction

Marked as solution

Yeah but what if your phone doesnt have the latest update for the app? Because the lg g4 is coming out soon and if you look at companies like apple, they care a lot less about customer satisfaction on their old phones than they do on their new ones. If you take a broken iphone 4 into apple they are just gonna not try to fix it and try to convince you to get an iphone 6, trust me ive been to many repair shops trying to find a cheaper fix for my phones but they all said that if you want the best stuff you have to get the new phone, thats a companies goal in order to be successful and take all your money. My iphone 4 also was in 100 percent working condition i just could not stand how slow the phone was and how bad every app worked on it after switching from a new model of phone to an old model.

Regardless, I checked, I have the latest update of spoitfy and, again it's extremely unlikely to be hardware related.

Oh okay i just wasnt sure because ive never used an lg before. Sorry i couldnt help buddy!

Suggested posts