Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Local Files stuck on Waiting to Download

Solved!

Local Files stuck on Waiting to Download

Hello I just started using spotiy and found that some songs that I want are not on it so I wanted to add some myself.

The songs play on my PC since they are local files but I can't seem to get them to download on my android device.

I am connected to the same WiFi, the playlist is "Available Offline" on both my PC and phone, looked up the problem but can't seem to find a solution to it.

I don't have an antivirus so that can't be the problem, spotify.exe is set to private and public on my firewall ( for some reason I have spotify.exe there twice but they are both on priv and pub). I also tried turning my firewall off completelly.

PC version: 1.0.25.127.g58007b4c

Android version: 5.0.0.956

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

If you still have problems and if you have the same problem as me this should fix it for you.

https://www.reddit.com/r/spotify/comments/4dnd0j/helplocal_files_stuck_on_waiting_to_download/

View solution in original post

6 Replies

Please read the support topic here for assistance setting up local file sync: Listen to local files

Make sure that you are on the same WiFi network and Windows & third party firewalls are configured to allow the Spotify connection through.

Another point to note is that sometimes if a track is stored locally & is also available to stream then when you sync to your device it will automatically use the Spotify streaming version but the data from your playlist. If for some reason the metadata such as track length differs this can cause conflict and break the track. In this instance you are best off removing the local file from your playlist on the desktop and adding the track from the Spotify server then re-sync. This should fix this issue.

Please use the search feature before posting a problem/bug/idea.
What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?
     Using Spotify Since March 10th 2009
     Twitter: @mechanimal82

Android Troubleshooting:
[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues
Spotify Android Version History

I did go through the "Listen to local files" link, I am connected on the same WiFi and about the firewall this is what I have there.

I am not sure if there is anything else that could block spotify.

LvKUe4Y

I have this same problem and nothing I have read has helped me. All my local files were working fine and all of the sudden they weren't downloading. I even tried on my tablet and I'm having the same problem.

Well for me it never worked and still not sure what to do most people had problems with their antivirus/firewall but I don't have an antivirus and my firewall is set to public.
Marked as solution

If you still have problems and if you have the same problem as me this should fix it for you.

https://www.reddit.com/r/spotify/comments/4dnd0j/helplocal_files_stuck_on_waiting_to_download/

This might seem dumb, but I had the same problem and nothing would make the playlist on my samsung download it until I logged out of my desktop app and relogged it, then it immediately began downloading on my mobile 🙂

Suggested posts