Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Android

Get help for your Android mobile or tablet

Start a topic

Forum Posts

New and Improved Android Widget

Spotify is bringing a new update to the home screen widget on Android devices. This update will help you get more out of it than before. The new widget will make it simpler and faster to access your favourite content on Spotify. So what is changing?H...

Amayy_0-1689082497746.png Marketing_asset (1).png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • ThomasWYale
  • Visitor
  • 64 replies
  • 25 likes
  • 64 replies
  • 25 likes

[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues

Please read below for troubleshooting Spotify on your Android device. This guide contains fixes for most common issues as well as detail on how to create a new topic if you still are having problems. First thing to do before trying anything else is r...

• Community Legend
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 11 replies
  • 51 likes
  • Android
    Guide
    Troubleshooting
  • 11 replies
  • 51 likes

Solved!! The version of Spotify I have has completely different features than another free user.

PlanFreeCountryUSADeviceAndroid PhonesMy Question or IssueMy dad and I both have spotify. I cannot pick songs to play and have to rely on shuffle. My dad can pick songs without issue, and probably doesn't even know that shuffle's an option. We both h...

• Casual Listener
  • Alex
  • Spotify Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! troubles in spotify for android

Good evening, community.I'm having a problem after updating the interactive menu (the one with three dots). After updating, I can not access any menu links, either adding the song to the queue or visiting the artist page. On a friend's cell phone I g...

• Regular
  • Good evening, community. I'm having a problem after updating the interactive menu (the one with three dots). After updating, I can not access any menu links, either adding the song to the queue or v...
  • Jacob
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Continuous play

Good afternoon - my music will not play in sequence. On some songs *not all* I have to physically get up and press the forward button. I have paid for Premium and I've been a loyal customer for years & on Galaxy S7.Please help!Thanks

• Casual Listener
  • Good afternoon - my music will not play in sequence. On some songs *not all* I have to physically get up and press the forward button. I have paid for Premium and I've been a loyal customer for years...
  • flairandsquare
  • Casual Listener
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

Ayuda!!!!

No puedo regular el volumen en mi Note 3. Solo me pasa con Spotify. Con el resto de accesos con sonido de mi móvil si puedo subir y bajar, pero con Spotify solo puedo tenerlo en silencio y si subo un punto el volúmen automáticamente se escucha a tope...

• Casual Listener
  • No puedo regular el volumen en mi Note 3. Solo me pasa con Spotify. Con el resto de accesos con sonido de mi móvil si puedo subir y bajar, pero con Spotify solo puedo tenerlo en silencio y si subo un...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Song options aren't working

So I wanted to add a song to one of my playlists and clicked on the options, then I clicked add to Playlist and the option menu went away like nothing happened. So then I tried to create a new Playlist and then delete it but I had the same problem. N...

• Casual Listener
  • So I wanted to add a song to one of my playlists and clicked on the options, then I clicked add to Playlist and the option menu went away like nothing happened. So then I tried to create a new Playli...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes

Solved!! Can't add song to playlist after latest update

When listening to a song, pressing the three dots and 'Add to playlist', the menu disappears and nothing happens.Expected behavior: Getting a list of my playlists which I can press to add song the song to.Spotify version: 8.2.0.788 armV7Phone: Motoro...

• Gig Goer
  • When listening to a song, pressing the three dots and 'Add to playlist', the menu disappears and nothing happens. Expected behavior: Getting a list of my playlists which I can press to add song th...
  • ssssaaaa
  • Gig Goer
  • 4 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 1 likes

Unstoppable ads

It's happened a few times now, I don't mind normal ads but when the 30 second ad comes on to get 30 minutes ad free music the button to click isn't there. Has anyone else had this problem?

• It's happened a few times now, I don't mind normal ads but when the 30 second ad comes on to get 30 minutes ad free music the button to click isn't there. Has anyone else had this problem?
  • RolandSpencer
  • Gig Goer
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Android Auto playlist sorting

Is there any way to sort your playlists in Android Auto?

• Is there any way to sort your playlists in Android Auto?
  • MartinStoichkov
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify switch back to mobile phone output when playing via SpotifyConnect and the phone is unlocked

The connection is lost when i unlock my phone via pin or fingerprint.This happens on my Denon AVR-7200WA.If this happens Severin times, I have to restart my phone and Receiver to connect again. This behavior I have for several months.It won't happen ...

• Casual Listener
  • The connection is lost when i unlock my phone via pin or fingerprint. This happens on my Denon AVR-7200WA. If this happens Severin times, I have to restart my phone and Receiver to connect again....
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Canciones no reproducibles

Hi everybody i want to know why i cant hear an artist from Korea. He appears but not his songs. Im from south América. I want to know if is something about location or is something wrong with my account. Sorry for the bad english. Thanks and kisses f...

• Hi everybody i want to know why i cant hear an artist from Korea. He appears but not his songs. Im from south América. I want to know if is something about location or is something wrong with my acco...
  • nojams
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Last.fm, leave me!

So, millenniums ago I downloaded last.fm, and uninstalled it shortly after, as I found it rather useless. But with last.fm removed, Spotify still gives me the notification "Last.fm Error - Wrong Username or Password."So, curiously as I am, I tap this...

• So, millenniums ago I downloaded last.fm, and uninstalled it shortly after, as I found it rather useless. But with last.fm removed, Spotify still gives me the notification "Last.fm Error - Wrong User...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • last.fm scrobble
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

Shuffle you're drunk..... time to go home....

Shuffle you've been drunk for a long time now, time to go home.... "Spotify’s Shuffle feature is probably the most frequently criticized part of the entire service. It simply doesn’t work for many people, and it hasn’t for a long, long time. No matte...

• Regular
  • Shuffle you've been drunk for a long time now, time to go home....   " Spotify’s Shuffle feature is probably the most frequently criticized part of the entire service. It simply doesn’t work ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Song Menus Not Working

On the latest update (28/9/16) when I long press a song or tap the 3 dots to get the menu for the song with option such as to go to the artists page or album, add the song to up next etc. None of these options do anything, I press the option that I w...

• Casual Listener
  • On the latest update (28/9/16) when I long press a song or tap the 3 dots to get the menu for the song with option such as to go to the artists page or album, add the song to up next etc. None of the...
  • slipstream42
  • Regular
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Problem with the new update

I have not used Spotify for a few days now, so today i discovered the update.When i try to select and song to playlist, the menu just closes and nothing happens. Anyone else have this problem or maybe a solution to this?

• I have not used Spotify for a few days now, so today i discovered the update. When i try to select and song to playlist, the menu just closes and nothing happens. Anyone else have this problem or ma...
  • slipstream42
  • Regular
  • 12 replies
  • 7 likes
  • 12 replies
  • 7 likes

Questions about the mobile app

Hello, i got a few questions about the android spotify app.Why can the mobile version of spotify only shuffle a playlist, while on the pc i can select a specific song? this is really annoying, and on top of that, When i click on shuffle a playlist on...

• Casual Listener
  • Hello, i got a few questions about the android spotify app. Why can the mobile version of spotify only shuffle a playlist, while on the pc i can select a specific song? this is really annoying, and ...
  • Jacob
  • Community Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Can't stream music, only plays downloaded songs.

I have Motorola Moto M phone. My spotify app can't stream any songs unless you download it and its happening both wifi or data. My downloaded songs works fine. Already re-installed and clear cache.

• Visitor
  • I have Motorola Moto M phone. My spotify app can't stream any songs unless you download it and its happening both wifi or data. My downloaded songs works fine. Already re-installed and clear cache.
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Logged out of spotify randomly

For weeks now i keep getting logged out and honestly im close to switching to another platform. This happens between 2-3 times every week and it can happen at any time and normally when i lose wifi. I am a premium paying customer. There is only 1 oth...

• Casual Listener
  • For weeks now i keep getting logged out and honestly im close to switching to another platform.   This happens between 2-3 times every week and it can happen at any time and normally when i lo...
  • zauvier
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! I cannot add songs to my playlists

Hello, I use Spotify on my Android 4.4.2 and a few days ago i started having a problem to add songs to my playlists. I can listen to songs on my smartphone but I cannot add them to playlists, when i click the button nothing happens, the options just ...

• Casual Listener
  • Hello,   I use Spotify on my Android 4.4.2 and a few days ago i started having a problem to add songs to my playlists.   I can listen to songs on my smartphone but I cannot add them to ...
  • eisenhorn41
  • Casual Listener
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Download for offline playing on data network

Hi.I use Spotify on my Android smartphone and since a long time it doesn't allow me to download my playlists when I'm not on a wifi network.There's an option in to change this setting, but doesn't change anything at all.Devs should do something about...

• Music Fan
  • Hi. I use Spotify on my Android smartphone and since a long time it doesn't allow me to download my playlists when I'm not on a wifi network. There's an option in to change this setting, but doesn'...
  • novembernebel
  • Music Fan
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Again that annoying update / download topic!

Hi,Actually I'm on a longer trip in South-America and love(d) to have my music with me - on Spotify. Well the app did an update and now... (sorry but **bleep**!) it still 'knows' my playlist - but non of the songs are status 'downloaded' though there...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi, Actually I'm on a longer trip in South-America and love(d) to have my music with me - on Spotify. Well the app did an update and now... (sorry but **bleep**!) it still 'knows' my playlist - but ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Music stop when phone is locked

So I've been using the app for a few months now and I just have one tiny problem.When I try to lock the screen while listening a song the app just stop the song, it just happen when it's locked and I don't think it's a ram issue since I can use other...

• So I've been using the app for a few months now and I just have one tiny problem. When I try to lock the screen while listening a song the app just stop the song, it just happen when it's locked and...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes