Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Android

Get help for your Android mobile or tablet

Start a topic

Forum Posts

New and Improved Android Widget

Spotify is bringing a new update to the home screen widget on Android devices. This update will help you get more out of it than before. The new widget will make it simpler and faster to access your favourite content on Spotify. So what is changing?H...

Amayy_0-1689082497746.png Marketing_asset (1).png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • hnavia
  • Regular
  • 59 replies
  • 23 likes
  • 59 replies
  • 23 likes

[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues

Please read below for troubleshooting Spotify on your Android device. This guide contains fixes for most common issues as well as detail on how to create a new topic if you still are having problems. First thing to do before trying anything else is r...

• Community Legend
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 11 replies
  • 50 likes
  • Android
    Guide
    Troubleshooting
  • 11 replies
  • 50 likes

Solved!! The version of Spotify I have has completely different features than another free user.

PlanFreeCountryUSADeviceAndroid PhonesMy Question or IssueMy dad and I both have spotify. I cannot pick songs to play and have to rely on shuffle. My dad can pick songs without issue, and probably doesn't even know that shuffle's an option. We both h...

• Casual Listener
  • Alex
  • Spotify Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Download 3g/4g

My spotify is not downloading by 4g even with a linked option

• My spotify is not downloading by 4g even with a linked option
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Spotify crashes when scrolling down in artists.

Hey, I'm having a bit of a problem.Spotify crashes, but it happens when I scroll down in artists..On the screenshot you see bellow, you'll see Metallica. The "On Tour" section appears right after the "Related Artists" section, and as soon as "On Tour...

• Casual Listener
  • Hey, I'm having a bit of a problem. Spotify crashes, but it happens when I scroll down in artists.. On the screenshot you see bellow, you'll see Metallica. The "On Tour" section appears right after...
  • CherryKi
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

My Equalizer is gone!

Recently I have noticed that my Equalizer is gone, I have premuim and I started using a lg g4 and it is andriod version 6.0

• Recently I have noticed that my Equalizer is gone, I have premuim and I started using a lg g4 and it is andriod version 6.0
  • luchomazzola
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Nexus 6p UI Broken

In the new UI update, a lot of the options aren't working. I can't add songs to playlist, go to full album, none of the track options work,not even save track (but the checkmark works). The update after that didn't fix it.Also track rearrangement wou...

• In the new UI update, a lot of the options aren't working. I can't add songs to playlist, go to full album, none of the track options work,not even save track (but the checkmark works). The update af...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Smartwatch spotify issue

So Ive recently had problem with spotify and my smartwatch (motorola moto 360 1st gen). Sometimes the controls dont show up on my watch while music is still playing via the phone. Any other app works fine on the watch, all my messages are recieved bu...

• So Ive recently had problem with spotify and my smartwatch (motorola moto 360 1st gen). Sometimes the controls dont show up on my watch while music is still playing via the phone. Any other app works...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Music selection

I'm wondering why when I selected the trolls soundtrack to play in my daycare it started playing a song by Anna Kendrick with foul language..... It has the F word many times... Now for me it's not a problem but when I have kids asking me to play the ...

• I'm wondering why when I selected the trolls soundtrack to play in my daycare it started playing a song by Anna Kendrick with foul language..... It has the F word many times... Now for me it's not a ...
  • Hubo
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

spotify connect problem

I havet a galaxy s7, and want to control galaxy s4 connected to amp. I can start up the connection but cannot control the volume. When I pause, the the connection is lost and I have to restart the whole system again.Bengt

• I havet a galaxy s7, and want to control galaxy s4 connected to amp. I can start up the connection but cannot control the volume. When I pause, the the connection is lost and I have to restart the wh...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Why is Spotify doing this.

A few times this year I have launched my app and it has started redownloading every song I have had or all of my artists but my playlists are still downloaded and safe for some reason. Now today it did the same thing and now it won't let me download ...

• A few times this year I have launched my app and it has started redownloading every song I have had or all of my artists but my playlists are still downloaded and safe for some reason. Now today it d...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

I don't have downloaded songs but they're taking up space anyway?!

I keep clearing them out with CleanMaster but eventually I have like 1.2 gigs of downloaded songs when I don't actually HAVE any. In the picture there is less because I cleared it out recently, but I guess it'll just download them all again... imagin...

• Casual Listener
  • I keep clearing them out with CleanMaster but eventually I have like 1.2 gigs of downloaded songs when I don't actually HAVE any. In the picture there is less because I cleared it out recently, but I...
  • Skounce
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

spotify -> Andoid car stereo = play ONLY through front 2 speakers

Hi I got a Eonon ga2162 and i only got sound on front speakers when i use Spotify on the headunit, but it works on all speaker when i play from my phone via bluetooth.Any suggestions?

• Hi  I got a Eonon ga2162 and i only got sound on front speakers when i use Spotify on the headunit, but it works on all speaker when i play from my phone via bluetooth. Any suggestions?
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Can't download songs for offline mode

I am using a Samsung Galaxy A8 and recently, all 1004 of my offline songs have been deleted. I've tried reinstalling the app and clearing storage data but it only made it worse to where when I'm downloading the songs and i hit the stop download butto...

• I am using a Samsung Galaxy A8 and recently, all 1004 of my offline songs have been deleted. I've tried reinstalling the app and clearing storage data but it only made it worse to where when I'm down...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

PLAY OFFLINE WITHOUT USING OFFLINE MODE

I CAN PLAY MY DOWNLOADED SONGS OFFLINE EVEN THOUGH I AM NOT ACTIVATING MY OFFLINE MODE. AND MY OFFLINE DAYS STAYS 29. WHY AM I SO LUCKY?

• Casual Listener
  • I CAN PLAY MY DOWNLOADED SONGS OFFLINE EVEN THOUGH I AM NOT ACTIVATING MY OFFLINE MODE. AND MY OFFLINE DAYS STAYS 29. WHY AM I SO LUCKY?  
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

PLAY OFFLINE WITHOUT USING OFFLINE MODE

I CAN PLAY MY DOWNLOADED SONGS OFFLINE EVEN THOUGH I AM NOT ACTIVATING MY OFFLINE MODE. AND MY OFFLINE DAYS STAYS 29. WHY AM I SO LUCKY?

• Casual Listener
  • I CAN PLAY MY DOWNLOADED SONGS OFFLINE EVEN THOUGH I AM NOT ACTIVATING MY OFFLINE MODE. AND MY OFFLINE DAYS STAYS 29. WHY AM I SO LUCKY?  
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution SPOTIFY CONSOME MUITOS DADOS

Há algum tempo venho utilizando o spotify, e ele está consumindo quase 1Gb por 2horas de música reproduzida, é a mesma playlist na qual eu escuta por 4/5horas e consumia 20mb.

• Há algum tempo venho utilizando o spotify, e ele está consumindo quase 1Gb por 2horas de música reproduzida, é a mesma playlist na qual eu escuta por 4/5horas e consumia 20mb.
  • aleeraser
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify charging me twice

First I subscribed to Spotify premium for my phone only. After I got charged, I opened Spotify and it says your last payment didn't work. I went to the Spotify website and checked my account it is subscribed to Spotify Premium until April 20

• Casual Listener
  • First I subscribed to Spotify premium for my phone only. After I got charged, I opened Spotify and it says your last payment didn't work. I went to the Spotify website and checked my account it is su...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Can't find all songs of the Artist

Hello all, I have a spotify premium account and I was wondering why i couldn't find songs by an artist in Germany (K. I. Z) when I used spotify of my other friends I could find all their songs but when I use my spotify I could only find some songs by...

• Hello all, I have a spotify premium account and I was wondering why i couldn't find songs by an artist in Germany (K. I. Z) when I used spotify of my other friends I could find all their songs but wh...
  • Slim96
  • Regular
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Can't add songs to playlists since last update... Please help

I try to do like I always do to add a song to a playlist, press the three little dots button, press add to playlist, but when I press this it just closes the menu instead of showing me all my playlists like usual. I tried restarting the app, tried wi...

• I try to do like I always do to add a song to a playlist, press the three little dots button, press add to playlist, but when I press this it just closes the menu instead of showing me all my playlis...
  • Emsela80
  • Casual Listener
  • 4 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 2 likes

trouble streaming to chromecast from phone?

Ive been trying to steaming spotify to my chromecast on the tv downstairs, but occassionally the option to select the cromecast is greyed out, when other people are watching the tv and not actually using the chromecast the option to stream is there. ...

• Casual Listener
  • Ive been trying to steaming spotify to my chromecast on the tv downstairs, but occassionally the option to select the cromecast is greyed out, when other people are watching the tv and not actually u...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Music dips and sounds poor whilst on call

So sometimes I like to listen to music whilst I'm on a call if I'm on a long call mainly. However, when I do, the background noise coming from the other end makes the music dip in volume and it gets really jittery and it just sounds really bad. It on...

• So sometimes I like to listen to music whilst I'm on a call if I'm on a long call mainly.  However, when I do, the background noise coming from the other end makes the music dip in volume a...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution ALL music keeps disappearing

Hi, I keep finding that ALL the music I have downloaded is no longer downloaded and I have to go through the whole process again. This is happening regularly and I am getting mighty bored with it now.Please can Spotify explain what is going on and ho...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi, I keep finding that ALL the music I have downloaded is no longer downloaded and I have to go through the whole process again. This is happening regularly and I am getting mighty bored with it now...
  • blueloublou
  • Casual Listener
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes