Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Local files on phone keep skipping back to start of song.

Solved!

Local files on phone keep skipping back to start of song.

Hi,

This has just started happening today. I can't skip through the timeline of local songs (ie. to skip forward or back in the song) without the song resetting to the begining. These are local files from my PC that I've transferred to my phone via a Spotify playlist.

Here is what happens: 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O2KbDEFO6uM

I've tried:

• Wiping songs and reinstalling app on phone
  • Transferring via a different playlist
  • Using different songs
  • Deleting local-files.bnk cache on PC and letting it rebuild

Any advice ?

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

I kinda fixed it by downgrading the version of spotify.

The current version of spotify is 8.4.52.812.

I used apkmirror to get the apk for version 8.4.51.899

I had to delete the current spotify version and install this version since you cant install a lower version on top of the currentt version through upgrade. This means I has to redownload the songs. However, once thats all done, I was able to move around the songs.

View solution in original post

12 Replies

I have the exact same problem. Did you manage to fix it somehow?

No, it's still happening. Nothing I've tried works

Marked as solution

I kinda fixed it by downgrading the version of spotify.

The current version of spotify is 8.4.52.812.

I used apkmirror to get the apk for version 8.4.51.899

I had to delete the current spotify version and install this version since you cant install a lower version on top of the currentt version through upgrade. This means I has to redownload the songs. However, once thats all done, I was able to move around the songs.

That could work but based on the timeline of this situation it seems that this is just a recent issue so I guess we just have to wait until Spotify sees this issue and hopefully fixes. I have the same issue as well.

Same issue here. How do we notify Spotify? I spent the last 10 minutes looking for a way to tell him about the bug, and the only thing I can see is to @ them on Twitter, as though thats an easy and noticable way of reporting bugs...

Hey, installing an older version works. I'm also chatting with support on twitter who said:

"We've noticed a slight hiccup with your offline cache. Don't worry, we can refresh this on our end. This will mean resyncing your offline tunes."

Only thing is I have already deleted the local-files.bnk file on my PC and let it rebuild myself and it doesn't solve the issue... waiting for them to get back to me still. If they have another solution I'll post it.... otherwise I'll mark that reply as correct.

So spotify on twitter reset some stuff on my account from their end but it didn't fix the problem. Until the bug is fixed the only solution is to uninstall the app, install the old version from here: https://www.apkmirror.com/apk/spotify-ltd/spotify/spotify-8-4-51-899-release/ and turn off auto updates in the Play Store Spotify link, then re-sync your songs.

For info the @SpotifyCares twitter support gave me a test account and user name to see if the problem was related to my account but that still didn't fix it. They said they'd pass the info on and to keep an eye out for future updates for a fix.

Even if @SpotifyCares couldn't fix the problem this time they do actually seem to know what they're talking about which is good!

I asked the spotify people for help and even them, they don't know what's going on. 

hi there. did you able to fix it?

This problem is fixed for me after the latest round of app updates.

Suggested posts