Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Local files on phone

Solved!

Local files on phone

Hello everyone!

I've been wanting to have my local files on my phone to be possible to play through Spotify so I can put them in my playlists. Sadly, Spotify doesn't have all the music I want. I've been trying to read and figure out why I couldn't play my music files on the phone through Spotify. The things i found, and correct me if I am wrong, where that Andriod phones cannot play local files, but iPhone is able to. Then also, though I'm not sure I got this right, was that if you have local files on playlists on your computer and sync the playlists to your phone with the same wi-fi network, the local files from your computer will sync to your phone.

Thank you for all help.

And please, Spotify, make it able to listen to local files on Android phones.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hi. You can listen to local files on android but they have to be in playlists as you can only synch playlists, not individual songs. Once you have your playlists created, just follow the steps here to get them onto your android.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Marked as solution

Hi. You can listen to local files on android but they have to be in playlists as you can only synch playlists, not individual songs. Once you have your playlists created, just follow the steps here to get them onto your android.

Thank you very much!

Though it would all be easier if I could just play local files from my phone..

Spotify is currently playlist based although this could be changing as collections rolls out. Takes a bit of getting used to so shout if you need help 🙂

Suggested posts