Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Local files won't show up on android

Local files won't show up on android

No new mp3 files I download will show up in my local files folder. I've uninstalled the app and reinstalled it to no avail. I have premium, so that's not the issue.
5 Replies

Hey @joaquínjlop,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community and welcome.

The process to add the local files has changed recently from sync, to discovery on mobile devices. This means that the new option will look for audio files stored on your device to add to the app. However, it's possible that the app has some damaged cache that is interfering with the automatic discovery of local files.

We understand you've already tried some troubleshooting steps including reinstalling. However, we'd like to suggest performing a clean reinstall of the app by following the steps in this article. After reinstalling, make sure to turn OFF the option "Show audio files from this device" and turn it back ON after a couple of seconds to force the syncing. Keep also in mind that the audio files must be downloaded from legal sources to be recognized by the app.

In case the issue persists, include in your next response the make, model and OS version of your device, along with the Spotify version you're currently running.

We'll be on the lookout.

OscarDCModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Still not working.

Samsung Galaxy S9+

Android 10

Spotify version 8.7.72.546

Hi @joaquínjlop!

Could you confirm that you're following the steps in this article? Also, do you use an SD card? If so, check if the files are currently saved there and move them to your phone's internal memory instead to see if that does the trick.

Let us know how it goes. Cheers!

YordanModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

I have converted a youtube video to an MP3 file and can listen to it through my mac through quick time. Can I upload this to my spotify account as a local file onto my iphone spotify and if so how do i do it?? Thanks for your help.

Plan

Premium

Country

United states

Device

Samsung galaxy a53

Operating System

Android

My Question or Issue

I've been able to use my local files on my android phone perfectly fine before, however in an attempt to fix an issue i was having I turned off "show local files" because it wasn't showing any of the music I had recently downloaded onto my phone. I turned the setting back on and my local files playlist was not there at all, I tried turning it off and back on, doing a clean install (clearing my cache, data, restarting my phone and reinstalling spotify) and still nothing. I have restarted my phone multiple times and yet my local files playlist is nowhere to be seen. No I am not syncing files from a computer, these are all mp3 files I have downloaded directly onto my phone. This is getting fairly frustrating, please help.

Suggested posts