Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Local files

Local files

Hi

I have read many questions about this topic but i didn't find the solution after all i decided to ask my own.

There are some music that isn't in the spotify but I want to listen that. I have a premium account.

I want to listen that music in my PC and in my Android phones. I know that there is no soltion for playing local files in my Android but I can play that in PC. I made a playlist and browse the folder that contains my music. In PC it works correctly. I want to listen that playlists in my android phone but it writes that this song is unavailabele. Is that means that this is only a local option I mean in the same network. So the Spotify didn't upload files to his server and that's why i cant access it? 

So I want to play my music in my phone and I dont want to use another player for that. How can I solve this issue?

Thanks for the help.

3 Replies

Take a look at the local file help guide for Android:

https://support.spotify.com//learn-more/guides/#!/article/Listen-to-local-files

1. Using the desktop app, add Local Files you want to sync to a playlist.
  2. Log into Spotify on your Android using the same wifi network as your desktop.
  3. Tap the menu button (User-added image).
  4. Tap Your Music.
    Your Music button
  5. Tap Playlists.
    Android - Playlists
  6. Tap Local Files, or the playlist containing local files from your computer.
  7. Select the playlist containing the local music files and press the Available Offline switch at the top.
    Available Offline ipad
  8. A green arrow will appear next to the tracks when syncing is complete.
    Synced playlist ipad

MattSudaSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Hello and welcome to the Spotify Community!

Of course you can, just take a look at the FAQ's 😉

"

1. With an active Internet connection, select a playlist.
    Note: By default you will need to connect over Wi-Fi. If you'd like to sync tracks over 3G/4G, turn on 'Sync over Cellular' in Settings > Music Quality.
  2. Switch Available Offline on (green).
    Android - available offline switch
  3. A green arrow will appear next to the playlist when it’s available.
    Android - playlist available offline

You can also sync albums saved in Your Music the same way.

To sync local files, connect your Android device to the same wifi as your computer, with the app open on both over the same wifi network.

Remember to disable offline mode the next time you want to stream. You can sync a maximum of 3,333 songs per device and stay offline for up to 30 days. Enjoy!"

Hi  Thanks for the help

I tried that it writes "Waiting for download" but for hours...

Nothing happened I have internet connection and same network as my PC. I

I have restarted my phone but nothin happened. 😞 Still just waiting for download.

Suggested posts