Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Local files

Solved!

Local files

Hello there!

i have just worked out why my local files wouldnt work, they were in an unsupported format, but i am still unable to listen on my andriod phone, if anyone has any ideas please help?

thanks 

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

No cable - it only syncs over wifi. The android can't connect to spotify on your PC. Here's my checklist.

• Your PC and mobile must be connected to the same Network/SSID and spotify should be running on your PC.
  • In your router settings, check that UPnP (Universal Plug and Play) is enabled.
  • Make sure that Windows shows your network as private and not public.
  • Set exceptions for spotify in any firewall or internet security programme. If you are unsure how to do this, temporarily disable them.
  • Check that you haven't already hit the limit of 3,333 downloads per device or 9,999 downloads across all devices.
  • If you are using a wifi network outside of your home, there is every chance that the protocols used by spotify for downloading are blocked.

If you still can't make it work, you can create a mobile hotspot on your mobile and connect your PC to this hotspot via wifi. Syncing the local files should then work.

View solution in original post

8 Replies

I don't understand - did you convert them to another format? What ha[[ens when you follow the steps here?

Hello Joe,

thanks for the reply, it was an unsupported file  so i changed the format, the song now works on desktop it just wont sync to my phone, it shows up as the song being unavailable.

Stephen

and just so you know i have already tired following the steps you attached still hasnt allowed me to listen on my phone.

What message shows at the top of the playlist when you tap the download toggle exactly? Usually it should say something like "waiting to download" or "downloading x of y".

It says waiting for connection, i am connected to the same network on both devices, and have evengone to the extent of using a usb cable to see if that made an differnce but no change as of yet.

Marked as solution

No cable - it only syncs over wifi. The android can't connect to spotify on your PC. Here's my checklist.

• Your PC and mobile must be connected to the same Network/SSID and spotify should be running on your PC.
  • In your router settings, check that UPnP (Universal Plug and Play) is enabled.
  • Make sure that Windows shows your network as private and not public.
  • Set exceptions for spotify in any firewall or internet security programme. If you are unsure how to do this, temporarily disable them.
  • Check that you haven't already hit the limit of 3,333 downloads per device or 9,999 downloads across all devices.
  • If you are using a wifi network outside of your home, there is every chance that the protocols used by spotify for downloading are blocked.

If you still can't make it work, you can create a mobile hotspot on your mobile and connect your PC to this hotspot via wifi. Syncing the local files should then work.

Joe,

Thanks for all you help, have found a way to allow spotify access throught the fire wall while keeping it on, thats after i had deactivated it and got the song working on my phone.

Many Thanks 

Stephen

Glad you got there 🙂

Suggested posts