Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Android

Get help for your Android mobile or tablet

Start a topic

Forum Posts

New and Improved Android Widget

Spotify is bringing a new update to the home screen widget on Android devices. This update will help you get more out of it than before. The new widget will make it simpler and faster to access your favourite content on Spotify. So what is changing?H...

Amayy_0-1689082497746.png Marketing_asset (1).png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • ThomasWYale
  • Visitor
  • 64 replies
  • 25 likes
  • 64 replies
  • 25 likes

[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues

Please read below for troubleshooting Spotify on your Android device. This guide contains fixes for most common issues as well as detail on how to create a new topic if you still are having problems. First thing to do before trying anything else is r...

• Community Legend
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 11 replies
  • 51 likes
  • Android
    Guide
    Troubleshooting
  • 11 replies
  • 51 likes

Solved!! The version of Spotify I have has completely different features than another free user.

PlanFreeCountryUSADeviceAndroid PhonesMy Question or IssueMy dad and I both have spotify. I cannot pick songs to play and have to rely on shuffle. My dad can pick songs without issue, and probably doesn't even know that shuffle's an option. We both h...

• Casual Listener
  • Alex
  • Spotify Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Sync over Cellular issue

I'm unable to download my music via mobile data, I've said yes to download over cellular and myou others connect to the Internet etc fine but it is still telling me to go into settings and set yes to download over cellular.I've done a deep clean as s...

• Casual Listener
  • I'm unable to download my music via mobile data, I've said yes to download over cellular and myou others connect to the Internet etc fine but it is still telling me to go into settings and set yes to...
  • HantzMPLT
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Downloading on Samsung Galaxy Device

hi, I've just purchased a Samsung Galaxy Tab S2 and i've downloaded Spotify and tagged a couple of playlists for "Download". The status remains "Waiting for Download" forever. A particular song will download if I listen to it specifically but not the...

• Casual Listener
  • hi,   I've just purchased a Samsung Galaxy Tab S2 and i've downloaded Spotify and tagged a couple of playlists for "Download". The status remains "Waiting for Download" forever. A particular s...
  • eborggrech
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Android
    available offline
    Samsung
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify shows offline on WiFi on iPad. Works fine on data and on other Android devices and computer!

For some reason my Spotify on iPad keeps showing as offline while on WiFi. My WiFi is working fine since other apps and the computer works as usual. Spotify works the moment I switch off WiFi. I've tried all suggestions that I could find online. Remo...

• For some reason my Spotify on iPad keeps showing as offline while on WiFi. My WiFi is working fine since other apps and the computer works as usual. Spotify works the moment I switch off WiFi. I've t...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Music playing through speakers AND headphones

I just brought a Huawei G# yesterday and Spotify keeps playing through both the speakers and the headphones. Yes the headphones are properly in, yes lossless BT mode is off. I tried BesAudEnh both on and off. Can somebody help me please?

• Casual Listener
  • I just brought a Huawei G# yesterday and Spotify keeps playing through both the speakers and the headphones. Yes the headphones are properly in, yes lossless BT mode is off. I tried BesAudEnh both&nb...
  • ghostwiththemos
  • Casual Listener
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Help me to improve sound

Hi,i use spotify premium with samsung s7 edge with otg or asus fonepad 7.I would like to improve sound of spotify.is it possible with audioquest dragonfly red or other ampli/dac device?Spotify,S7edge and dragonfly can work together?plug&play?thanks

• Regular
  • Hi,i use spotify premium with samsung s7 edge with otg or asus fonepad 7.I would like to improve sound of spotify.is it possible with audioquest dragonfly red or other ampli/dac device?Spotify,S7edge...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Upgraded to Premium, still says Free user - Help!

I've paid for a month of Premium membership, uninstalled & reinstalled the app, and phone says I still need to upgrade. On the computer under Account > Subscription, it says I am a Premium user, but my phone doesn't know this. Moderator, please help!

• I've paid for a month of Premium membership, uninstalled & reinstalled the app, and phone says I still need to upgrade.   On the computer under Account > Subscription, it says I am a ...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 4 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 2 likes

Cellular download not working, all settings ok

Moto G 3rd genAndroid ospreySpotify 7.2.0.1250 armv7Will not download playlists for offline use over cellular even with all settings enabled. Any ideas? Have tried reinstalling, clearing cache, etc etc. Data plan unlimited and used to work fine.

• Moto G 3rd gen Android osprey Spotify 7.2.0.1250 armv7 Will not download playlists for offline use over cellular even with all settings enabled. Any ideas? Have tried reinstalling, clearing cach...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Can't deactivate the shuffle playback

Since some versions of Spotify for Android, when activating the shuffle button, I can't deactivate it for non reason.. I tick on it and it stays green.. Using latest beta version but it was on every beta as far as I know..Samsung Galaxy S7 edge, andr...

• Casual Listener
  • Since some versions of Spotify for Android, when activating the shuffle button, I can't deactivate it for non reason.. I tick on it and it stays green.. Using latest beta version but it was on every ...
  • ChilliBo
  • Casual Listener
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Bastille

Every time I scroll down to Bastille's profile, the app crashes when it reaches the On Tour section. Please fix this.

• Casual Listener
  • Every time I scroll down to Bastille's profile, the app crashes when it reaches the On Tour section. Please fix this.
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Music stops when opening certain apps

I got a new Galaxy S7 (Marshmallow 6.0.1) for christmas and while using Spotify in the background, Spotify would pause automaticaly when opening game apps such as Fallout Shelter and Pocket Mortys.

• I got a new Galaxy S7 (Marshmallow 6.0.1) for christmas and while using Spotify in the background, Spotify would pause automaticaly when opening game apps such as Fallout Shelter and Pocket Mortys.
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Lost all my downloaded songs

I have joined Spotfy yesterday, and already signed to the Premium account. I have spent all day long downloading songs so I can hear them in the Offline mode. In the end of the day, after using the app without any problems, I realize all the songs I ...

• Casual Listener
  • I have joined Spotfy yesterday, and already signed to the Premium account. I have spent all day long downloading songs so I can hear them in the Offline mode. In the end of the day, after using the a...
  • Englos
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes

Spotify crashed while deleting cache and data

Hi everyoneI just tried deleting all cache and data via the Spotify app on my google pixel phone as I forgot to set download quality to extreme. I was playing a song at the time and the app went to a black screen when I pressed OK to delete. In the n...

• Music Fan
  • Hi everyone I just tried deleting all cache and data via the Spotify app on my google pixel phone as I forgot to set download quality to extreme. I was playing a song at the time and the app went to...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Pokemon

My s7 edge doesn't give me an option to start my music from my notification bar.

• My s7 edge doesn't give me an option to start my music from my notification bar.
  • Masta_22
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Cannot filter downloaded songs

So I solved the problem of the app always deleting my songs. But now when I go to filter my downloaded albums, only the same four sings show up, even though I have many albums downloaded. Pretty annoying consoderi ng I have hundreds of albums saved. ...

• Casual Listener
  • So I solved the problem of the app always deleting my songs. But now when I go to filter my downloaded albums, only the same four sings show up, even though I have many albums downloaded. Pretty anno...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes

Podcast won't play

I found a podcast that is only available on mobile but it won't play on my Spotify app. I tried opening the direct link that opens the app and it didn't work. I also tried searching for it in- app but it won't show up in the searches. The podcast is ...

• I found a podcast that is only available on mobile but it won't play on my Spotify app. I tried opening the direct link that opens the app and it didn't work. I also tried searching for it in- app bu...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! "Your Library" gone. Just says "Me"?

After downloading the new update for Spotify the "your library" tab on the bottom left turned into "Me" and it only shows playlist, favorites, mixes and recently played. I'm not able to view my library even though it works fine on my pc. I must be mi...

• Casual Listener
  • After downloading the new update for Spotify the "your library" tab on the bottom left turned into "Me" and it only shows playlist, favorites, mixes and recently played. I'm not able to view my libra...
  • Toppmad
  • Casual Listener
  • 6 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 6 replies
  • 1 likes

My Downloaded playlist never stays downloaded!!

I dont understand why, after having my spotify account for years, my same playlist never remains downloaded. It's so frustrating to realize as I'm about to board a plane or go to into a data- less space that I can't listen ti my playlist that I have ...

• Casual Listener
  • I dont understand why, after having my spotify account for years, my same playlist never remains downloaded. It's so frustrating to realize as I'm about to board a plane or go to into a data- less sp...
  • pmccunniff
  • Casual Listener
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify App get down after few tracks!

Hi,I have a Samsung Note 3 and my Spotify app is always on the latest version. But since I have Spotify Premium the App turn after about 3 Tracks off. Why?What can I do? LGTheAndrix*

• Casual Listener
  • Hi, I have a Samsung Note 3 and my Spotify app is always on the latest version. But since I have Spotify Premium the App turn after about 3 Tracks off.  Why? What can I do?   LG TheAn...
  • theandrix
  • Casual Listener
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Unable to download over 2G/3G even with enabled settings.

Hello. I started using Spotify Premium this week and until now everything seemed to work just fine. The problem however is: when I'm at work I have to use my mobile data connection since our WiFi is connected to the internet via proxy and Android is ...

• Casual Listener
  • Hello.    I started using Spotify Premium this week and until now everything seemed to work just fine. The problem however is: when I'm at work I have to use my mobile data connection...
  • Smert11
  • Casual Listener
  • 15 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 15 replies
  • 1 likes

[Android][Browse] UI Feedback

So here's a shot of the current UI on my 5.5" Moto G4: Looking at the My Songs menu (where I spend a lot of time), the song list itself does not seem to be the app's biggest priority. Between:the Android status barthe "All Songs" title at the topthe ...

PiV77Nn
  • Music Fan
  • So here's a shot of the current UI on my 5.5" Moto G4:   Looking at the My Songs menu (where I spend a lot of time), the song list itself does not seem to be the app's biggest priority. Be...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Android
    Browse
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes