Lockscreen and notification bar controls not showing up

Solved!

Lockscreen and notification bar controls not showing up

lordmartyn
Regular
I'm running Spotify on a nexus 6 with android 6.0.1 with latest security updates. For the last two weeks now the notification bar and lockscreen controls won't come up. At first I thought I might have blocked it from the lock screen but the app permissions are all normal. This seems to have been doing this since the last update. Anyone else have this issue?
2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Solution!

lordmartyn
Regular

Might have a solution to this  problem, go to settings, sounds and notifications then app notifications. The list will take a while to populate if like me you have a zillion apps. Scroll to Spotify and uncheck or grey out hide sensitive content. That for me was blocking the player controls from coming up. Seems to be working now. 

I suspect the latest security update from Google put that in place as I certainly never had all content hidden from Spotify and the last time it happened it took a soft reset of the phone to sort out. I think this might need to be watched as I suspect that this issue, might crop up again after a reset or another security update from Google... 

View solution in original post

Solution!

Alex

Hey folks,

If you're experiencing this it might be worth to try out the Solution posted by @Harry-Clarke here.

Hope this helps.

AlexModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“With freedom, flowers, books, and the moon, who could not be perfectly happy?” ― Oscar Wilde

View solution in original post

88 Replies

oguterres
Casual Listener
Spotify doesn't show on the lock screen anymore, unless it's already at the notification bar before I block my cellphone. It used to show up on the lock screen even if I blocked it directly from the app. Is it an error?

user-removed
Not applicable

oguterres
Casual Listener
It doesn't work for me, my cellphone is a Motorola, although it's running Android Marshmallow

user-removed
Not applicable

Can you test out a 3rd party Lock Screen app like Dodol which is 100% free, I've seen this issue before and only 3rd party Lock Screen app managed to partially fix it.

oguterres
Casual Listener
Thank you, but it didn't work as well.

user-removed
Not applicable

Let's try this one.

Settings > Sounds & Notifications > Notification > While Locked > Hide Sensitive Content (Leave all Spotify notifications disabled).

In addition to the above you must allow notifications on the lock screen through the security settings.

Settings > Lockscreen & Security > Notifications

Also you can give a Musixmatch a try (Requires internet connection while used).

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.musixmatch.android.lyrify&hl=en_GB

ParanoidARG
Music Fan

As far as I can remember, the Spotify app doesn't show a notification if it's on screen, so if you lock the screen with it on screen you will not get the controls in the lockscreen.
Keep in mind that the way music controls work in Android changed in Lollipop. Before the controls were a universal widget that was identical for every app. In Lollipop and Marshmallow, you just get your notification shade in the lockscreen, so the music controls are actually the same notification panel the app generates normally. So, before Lollipop you would get the controls even if Spotify was on screen when you locked the phone since the widget was not tied to the notifications shade.

Joe
Community Legend

That's not so on my phone @ParanoidARG. SGS7 Edge with android 6.0.1 and I get the spotify notification in all cases. Marshmallow gives us a lot of control over app behaviour which might confuse. My settings:

Lock sreen & security/Notifications on lock screen =  Show content

Notifications/advanced:

• Allow notification = on
  • Previews in pop ups = on
  • Hide on lock screen = off
  • Hide content on lock screen = off

juanjosalazar
Regular

It's not perfect but it works for me (Android 6):

1. Go to Settings>Lock Screen>Switch off: Skip the slide page.

2. Go to Settings>Sound and notification>Click on: When device is locked>Select Show all notification content.

3. If you want to hide sensitive content in your apps for your lock screen then: Go to Settings>Sound and notification>Click on: App notifications>then select the app you want to hide content>Switch on Hide sensitive content. Do this or each app you want.

Hope it helps!

a_salty_cracker
Goto settings>sound and notification>scroll down until you see keep notifications on lockscreen. This use to be in the security section of lollipop just enable it and it should work

louisecleator
Log out and log back in

evo4g63t
Roadie
I think this is a bug in the latest version it wasn't until I updated to the latest that I too have lost the lockscreen function.

Furthermore I can't pause or skip tracks via buttons on my speaker with Bluetooth anymore either and the notification controls on my v10 do not function either. Yet both google music and pandora work just fine.
This is really the only software where I have to second guess getting the latest version because about 50% of the time there is something that gets broken.

DarraghK
Yeah it's like that for me too, we need a fix!!

Puglife102
Casual Listener
I'm having the same issue. I have escalated to spotify technical support and they have no clue how to fix it. Super frustrating

Bulkman
Regular
Indeed. The issue started after getting last week's updates or so.
Does anyone know how to revert to precios versions?

upther
Casual Listener
I'm having the same problem on my Nexus 6P with Android 7.0. Furthermore once I disconnect from the Bluetooth, the music keeps playing and the widget is unresponsive so I have to open the app to stop music from playing. It's kind of ridiculous for a service I'm paying for to be so broken.

chrishyder
Regular

Same issue here, folks.  S7 Edge user.

swedfred82

I have the same problem. Really annoying. I hope Spotify (or google) get this sorted shortly. 

Matze
Roadie
I have the same problem on a bq Aquaris X5 Plus running Android 6.0.1. Force closing Spotify fixes it for a while, but the issue keeps coming back.
SUGGESTED POSTS