Announcements
Hi folks! We're aware of reports about your Wrapped stories misbehaving and we're looking into it. We've managed to fix the issue with the Wrapped banner/stories not showing up. More info here. If the stories cause your app to stop responding, please subscribe here. Also, check out our Wrapped FAQ for answers to common questions.

Lockscreen buttons disappears

Solved!

Re: Lockscreen buttons disappears

Community Legend

Apologies, it looks like rather than hold off to fix all the issues they thought they'd push the update out with just the image fix. It kind of makes sense as this is the mian thing people will notice, so why hold out.... As previously mentioned it is a known issue and is being worked on. I'd hope we won't have to wait too long until another update fixing these issues is pushed out.

Blame Google for changing the way the framework files work 😄

Please use the search feature before posting a problem/bug/idea.
What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?
     Using Spotify Since March 10th 2009
     Twitter: @mechanimal82

Android Troubleshooting:
[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues
Spotify Android Version History

Casual Listener

Hopefully not too long. 🙂

"Blame Google for changing the way the framework files work :-D"

Interesting you should mention, is there anywhere I could get a technical explanation as to what caused this? As a developer myself, I'm curious as to what changes brought these bugs.

Casual Listener

Pure speculation, but It could be a problem of when spotify passes the information to the MediaPlayer API.

Maybe it's updated in a way that it goes after the lockscreen control has been drawed and this wasn't a problem 'till 4.4.

Regular
Same problem here: images fixed, lockscreen commands still disappear 😕

Gig Goer

Glad to see the album art is working again. But the issue with the buttons is still there.

Gig Goer

Any update or official comment on this?

user-removed
Not applicable

I have the same problem, KitKat & Nexus 5

Gig Goer

Great to know this issue will be fixed soon. Also, can we get art covers in an higher resolution like in Play Music ? That would look great on lockscreen !

Solution!

Community Manager
Community Manager

We just released a new update which should have fixed the lockscreen control issue.

Community Ergo Sum

View solution in original post

Music Fan

This is happening to me all the time: The lock screen doesn't show the spotify controls and bluetooth pause/next/prev don't work either. I'm using a Nexus 5 with the standard firmware.

SUGGESTED POSTS