Announcements

Login Fails But Continues To Playlist

Solved!
Highlighted

Re: Login Fails But Continues To Playlist

Regular
Thanks for replying to us. Adds a small shimmer of light in the end of the tunnel.

I have already changed the password for my account twice, as well as the e-mail connected to my account. Still, no improvement.
Highlighted

I am having the same problem.... Please fix this, Spotify has been unusable for days!!!!! (At least it looks prettier)

Highlighted

Same issue here! Galaxy S3. It seems like it just can't hold connection or something maybe?

Highlighted

Casual Listener

Same issue here since the new app. Both on Fonepad (Android 4.2) and Xperia Z1 (4.4). Can I somehove revert to the old app. That one worked flawlessly...

Highlighted

Casual Listener
I changed my password too but no success. Login does work after buggy login if you do the following steps:
1. Login with credentials
2. Get login failed message
3. If you now See the Browser view change to settings
4. Logout and login again
5. Now login seems right but no music playing possible ( at least 10 sechs)

This is no solution but maybe it helps to debug
Highlighted

I have been dealing with the same exact issue for the past week. I have the Galaxy 4 on the Sprint network. The issue happened right after the update. I am sadly about to cancel my subscription because of this. Haven't been able to use it at all.
Highlighted

Casual Listener

Having the exact same issue as described by the op.

Nothing to do with the network imho, i'm in France  using wifi or local provider.. 

My account works fine on my husband's phone, but can't have his account working into my phone.

Seems somehow linked to the phone, not the account 😉

(Both nexus 4 running latest android version)

Here is what i've tried so far :

For the app

1. -Uninstall / Reinstall Spotify
  2. -Clear cache / data

For the account 

1. -Changed password
  2. -Tried another account into my phone (same issue)
  3. -Tried my account into another phone (Worked into my husband's nexus 4, but failed on another HTC (older android version))

For the phone 

1. -Factory reset

So far nothing has changed the situation... Looking forward for a solution here 😞

Highlighted

Regular

Same issue here.  Nexus 5.  Generally plays up to 8 seconds of music then stops.  App has been totally unusable on my phone since the update.  Tried reinstalling everything and manually deleting the data folders.

Highlighted

Music Fan

This has been going on for last 3 weeks since new update and not a word about the problem from Spotify. I have e mailed their tech people twice in 3 weeks and no response.... this is really disappointment especially for a service you pay for.

Highlighted

Regular
I think I figured it out. What fixed it for me was setting a specific app password for Spotify on the Facebook security page. Then on your mobile device, logout of Spotify and Facebook. Login to Spotify again via Facebook but use the new app password you just set. Spotify works again!
SUGGESTED POSTS