Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Losing Downloads to Micro SD

Losing Downloads to Micro SD

I don't have enough space on my device to download all the music I want to, so I keep trying to save it to my SD card which has over 100 GB free. Everytime I do so it will download and will be there for a few days and then randomly will undownload itself. I have tried deleting the cache and app and then redownloading, I've gone online and deleted all of my downloaded devices from the website but it still occurs. I have also tried to just save it to my device and it will stay on my device but as soon as I try to move it to the SD card to free up space on the device storage it will remove the downloads in a few days. 

3 Replies

Very similar problem here, only not as often.. every few weeks, I lose all of my downloaded music to my SD card. My SD card is functioning properly, and out of nowhere, Spotify just loses all downloaded tracks as well as connection with my desktop for local tracks. It's doubly annoying that because the app ONLY accepts MP3's that it finds in the desktop app, even if I put MP3's on my phone, they will still show up as "missing" in my track list.

Every time this happens, it takes days of toying with Spotify before it recognizes all the local tracks again. I've deleted the MP3's, readded the MP3's.. some of them will show on my phone, others will not.. and then it will flip where others that previously didn't show will show, and the ones that did show will not. Out of nowhere, it will finally sync itself. The shortest this problem has fixed itself is hours after the sudden reboot, and as I said, it's taken days to fix it. I don't know what causes it, I don't know why it's so hard to get local files to show synced to a playlist... and while I do realize it's a premium service, it's darn stupid that if I put the files directly on my phone, it's still "missing" in my playlist. At the verge of just quitting the service all together, honestly, because taking all this time every other week or every 3 weeks to figure this out is getting on my nerves.

I've been experiencing this repeatedly recently. I have a LOT of downloaded Spotify songs and plenty of space on my microSD card but of course not on my device (Samsung Galaxy S8). About once a week lately I'll see that my device is suddenly full and it's because Spotify has decided to transfer my downloads to the device. I re-check SD card as the storage location and it moves most of them but not all, and then the same thing happens again not too long after.

Hey there @MamaMaybelle,

Thanks for reaching out! 

Try the following steps:

1. Enable permission for storage option for Spotify. This can be accessed by going to Settings>Apps>Spotify>Permissions>Storage.

2. Do a clean reinstall as explained here. 

Keep us posted 🙂

PetyaModerator

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

Suggested posts