Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Lost artists and partial albums with update

Lost artists and partial albums with update

Plan

Premium

Country

United States

Device

Samsung Galaxy S7 and PC

Operating System

Android Oreo, Windows 10

My Question or Issue

Since the latest update, I cannot look up saved songs by artist. Also, partial albums are gone from my albums list. I am a Premium member. I have uninstalled, reinstalled, cleared caches, etc. I use this app daily. This new user interface is unacceptable. If Spotify does not give me back the previous functionality, I will find another service. 

9 Replies

exact same thing happened to me... i only have a fraction of my music since the latest update. 

As far as I can tell, this update basically removed most features that allow you to browse your saved music.

- Raw song library is gone (as far as I can tell), sort options in Liked Songs playlist is garbage (date added and song name only....wth?!)
 - Artists page only displays followed artists, and selecting them opens the artist's main page, not your songs from them
 - Albums page only shows complete albums
 - I can never play music on my PC from my phone anymore, only the other way around 
 - Pause button on lock screen works intermittently 

This update is garbage

total garbage... you're right. my artist list is only showing FOLLOWED artists. it no longer shows the list of artists who's songs i've saved. this is super annoying because i will usually browse through my artist list until i found something i'm in the mood for. this ruins spotify for me 

I contacted Spotify Cares on Twitter. Apparently they put all of my saved songs in a playlist called "Liked Songs". I guess that is better than half of my songs being gone. In the new playlist, you can only sort by song name and recently added. There is also a filter option. The filter did not work for me. Not that it will make a difference, but I suggested to Spotify Cares that they need to add the ability to sort the "Liked Songs" playlist by artist and album. So, I am less aggrivated about the changes but it was still a terrible update.

Why would they do that? What be use is a single list of thousands of songs? Atrocious.

@Chumley That Liked playlist only shows liked songs. So my Liked playlist only has 17 songs even though i have 2000 songs saved. So i lost the ability to see my music in list form at all. If i want a playlist of my saved songs, i  have to go to each song one at a time to add it to a playlist. It wont let me do it on mass. 

I tried talking to Spotifycares, they are a joke. They dont **bleep** obviously. 

Same here. I really want to be able to scroll through artists and or albums but they're all just...gone! Songs still there. May have to transfer everything to Amazon if Spotify doesn't realize what a stupid idea this is and fix it.

Correct. This update is garbage and ruins Spotify.

Before update: "Hey, what's that song I like? I think the artist's name begins with 'T' so I'll just scroll thru the T's and figure it out. It'll be easy!"

After update: "Hey, what's that song I like?"   ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I agree, if I can’t get the interface back like it was then I will discontinue my premium completely. I’ve been using this service for well over 4 years.  

Suggested posts