Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Loud buzz between tracks

Solved!

Loud buzz between tracks

Galaxy S2,  on ICS.

I keep getting a REALLY loud buzzing noise between most tracks when I'm streaming. Only started a week or so ago.  Any fix for this?

Cheers!

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Old thread, but it's the first one that came up in the search. Just incase anyone else had the same problem...

It's caused by dynamic range compression in DSP Manager; turn it off and the problem goes away.

View solution in original post

7 Replies

Have you tried changing the crossfade settings or streaming quality?
----------------
Listening on Windows, Android and Sonos. Tweeting it at @davelicence

Cross-fading was off already. Tried turning off gapless playback which didn't change it. I've tried it on different quality settings which doesn't seem to have changed it either. Tried uninstalling and reinstalling to no success.

Marked as solution

Old thread, but it's the first one that came up in the search. Just incase anyone else had the same problem...

It's caused by dynamic range compression in DSP Manager; turn it off and the problem goes away.

Nice to know ninjasoup, but where do I find this DSP manager? Cant find it spotify settings or android sound settings.. I have a Nexus 4.

I found that the equalizer was the purpetrator. Please fix it spotify. I need equalizer

Hi,

I have Spotify installed on Samsung Galaxy S3 mini with Android version 4.1.2. A few days ago I started also experiencing the loud "buzz" noise between the tracks (I can also hear it during the songs), which is extremely annoying. The sound quality settings have no effect on this. I found out that disabling the bass booster eliminates the noise. I would like to use it, though.

Actually, it seems that the bass booster just amplifies the noise, the noise is there always when using the equalizer.

Suggested posts