Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Max volume doesn't work after the last update

Max volume doesn't work after the last update

Hey folks,

After the last update, it's impossible to play music at max volume when the EQ is on. The music stops getting louder after I reach 75% or so, although the volume slider continues to go up. I reinstalled the app and turned EQ off and on again but it didn't help. Restarting my Lenovo P2 (running Nougat) didn't help either. This is super annoying becuase it's impossible to enjoy my music now in louder environments like the subway for example. I hope you fix this soon or I am going to cancel my subscription. 

8 Replies

Hi @dankasl,

Hope you are okay, sorry to hear you are having an issue with your Spotify.

Lets try a clean install of the application, I understand you have done this already, however, we need to make sure it is completly removed from the device before installing again, I will attach a guide on how to do this.

I hope this helps 🙂

https://support.spotify.com/uk/using_spotify/troubleshooting2/reinstallation-of-spotify/

Are you using headphones when this occurs or does it happen all the time? Have you ttied having a look through your phone and spotify settings?

Regards,
Jordan.

Thank you both for your replies. I just reinstalled the app following the guidelines from Thomas and it did not help. 

@Jordan, I am using wired headphones but the issue also occurs when I remove them and the sound is coming from the phone's speaker. The music is downloaded to my device but I also tried to stream. Another thing that I tried but did not help was to disable "Normalize volume", which was enabled by default. 

As soon as I disable the EQ, I can turn the volume up to the max but the sound is not very good without the EQ. I am using the built-in equalizer. 

I don't experience the issue with Poweramp for example. 

Regards,

Daniel

What settings are enabled on your EQ? It may be possible that the way you have it configured could be causing the issue? I know that some settings can cause the volume to be quieter.

Regards,
Jordan.

Hi @dankasl,

I have asked arround, a user had a simular issue here:

https://community.spotify.com/t5/Desktop-Linux-Windows-Web-Player/Maximum-volume-too-low/td-p/22117

See if this solution works:

Head over to the preferences menu (Edit > Preferences), scroll down to the "Playback" tab and uncheck "Set the same volume level for all tracks". You might get an increase in volume for some tracks.

These are the EQ settings. I just tried with Dance (default) without success.These are the EQ settings. I just tried with Dance (default) without success.This is the point where Spotify stops increasing the volume. The slider goes all the way up but it doesn't make a difference.This is the point where Spotify stops increasing the volume. The slider goes all the way up but it doesn't make a difference.

Hello,

If you are using headphones, Android has a feature when you have to allow it to go further than 75%, if you hold down the volume button, it should pop up with a message like 'Listening on high volume is not recommened', cannot remember what it says exactly, then click 'okay', or does not show up?

Hey Thomas,

"Set the same volume level for all tracks" does not help me and I have enabled "listening on high volume" on the device. If I switch to my other music player Poweramp, I don't have such issues. 

Regards,

Daniel

Suggested posts