Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify Adding Random Songs

Solved!

Spotify Adding Random Songs

Over the past 2 weeks, I've noticed my Spotify doing a lot of weird things... Songs or albums that I've never listened to before are showing up under "Your Library", I can hide them and they stay gone for a while but after a few days the exact same songs or albums come back. I have also had a playlist randomly added to my playlists that I definitely did not make, I deleted it once and it came back after a few days. Lastly, songs have started getting randomly added to the playlist I usually listen to, again songs I've never heard of. I changed my password and logged out of all devices and even reinstalled the app on my phone, but this is still happening. What the heck is going on and how can I fix this?

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hi. It does sound like someone else has access to your account. If Logging out everywhere and changing your password didn't work, I suggest you use the online contact form and someone at Spotify can help get this sorted. If you get an automated response directing you back to the community or to the help pages, please reply to it by email and you will hear back from one of the team shortly.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Marked as solution

Hi. It does sound like someone else has access to your account. If Logging out everywhere and changing your password didn't work, I suggest you use the online contact form and someone at Spotify can help get this sorted. If you get an automated response directing you back to the community or to the help pages, please reply to it by email and you will hear back from one of the team shortly.

Sorry for such a late reply! I haven't had any trouble with it this week, I think changing my password and waiting a while did the trick. If I have any further issues I'll be sure to fill out the contact form. Thanks for the help!

Suggested posts