Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Media Control Buttons not working

Solved!

Media Control Buttons not working

When I press one of the control buttons, the music does not change. I can only play/stop.
My headphones works fine on other music players.

Device: Redmi Note 10S

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hello to everyone.

Thanks again to everyone who tried to help.

The problem was with Google Assistant because the assistant was detecting my headset as disconnected. I would like to point out that I solved the problem by clearing the data of the Google app.

I wish everyone a good day.

View solution in original post

9 Replies

Hey @ArqeNade,

Thanks for reaching out about this here in the Community!

Could you try to log out > restart your phone > log back in to see if that makes any difference for you? It's also a good idea to try clearing your cache to remove any old files that might be interfering with app's performance.

If that doesn't do it for you, could you ask a friend or a family member to log in on your phone and test out to see if they'll experience the same? 

Keep us posted,

Cheers!

LyubkaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.

I tried what you said but unfortunately it didn't work.

Hey @ArqeNade,

Thanks for your reply.

Can you please let us know if the issue persisted when another person was logged in on your device? Also, please try reinstalling the app and make sure that it's set as an exception in your phone's battery optimization settings.

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Take care,

MihailYModerator
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Thanks for the answer.
Yes, the same problem persists when I try it on someone else's account. There is no battery optimization.

It is very interesting that while I can change music from my headphones in all players, including YouTube, YouTube Music, PowerAmp and Mi Music Player, it does not work in Spotify.

Hey @ArqeNade,

Thank you for keeping in contact and for the new info shared.

To continue investigating your case, would you mind checking if this happens using different headphones? You can ask a friend or family member to test it in case you don't have another ones available.

Also, and if possible, could you use your headphones connected to a different device to see if the issue persists or if it makes any difference?

Lastly, include in your next response the Spotify version you're currently running.

We'll be on the lookout.

OscarDCModerator

Thanks for your reply.

First of all, the Spotify version I used is 8.7.72.546.

I tested my phone with three different earphones. In all the headphones I tried, I couldn't change the music from the button on the headphones. As I mentioned earlier, they worked fine in other music players.

When I tested my headset on other devices, it was working fine.

Hey @ArqeNade,

Thank you for keeping in contact.

We tried to replicate the issue on our end, but everything is working well with the Bluetooth controls. Since this issue doesn't happen connecting your headphones to a different device, and all the headphones connected to your device are showing the same issue, it's possible that the issue could be device-related.

We'd recommend checking the Bluetooth and app permissions on your phone to check if the device has any restrictions with the app.

However, we'll keep an eye for similar reports to continue investigating. We'd also suggest keeping your Spotify app updated to be aware of any changes.

In case you have any additional questions, don't hesitate to ask.

OscarDCModerator
Marked as solution

Hello to everyone.

Thanks again to everyone who tried to help.

The problem was with Google Assistant because the assistant was detecting my headset as disconnected. I would like to point out that I solved the problem by clearing the data of the Google app.

I wish everyone a good day.

Suggested posts