Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

MicroSD Problem

MicroSD Problem

Hi All,

I just signed up for Spotify Premium, because so far I have been enjoying the product very much.

Unfortunately, I seem to have hit a wall and can't get through. 

Although I have followed the instructions here: http://www.spotify.com/fr/help/faq/mobile/android-how-do-i-store-offline-music-on-the-external-sd-ca...

And spent a good deal of time reading through the community boards, I can't seem to solve my problem.

I am on a Motorola Atrix running Android 2.3.6 with a Sandisk 32gb external MicroSD. I have already cleared cache, reinstalled, and cleared out all spotify directories from my phone, then reinstalled to select the external SD on the login screen.

Even so, when I go into spotify, it tells me I'm at capacity and cites the storage specs of my internal storage.

I have over 30gb free on my external.

Is this a bug? If so, when will it be fixed? Is there a workaround, besides a factory reset or rooting?

I would love to stay on Premium, but if something as basic as this doesn't work, I don't believe I will be able to stay subscribed, or recommend this product to my friends.

Thanks!

Alex

5 Replies

Yeah it's a pain .... Are you sure you are specifying the correct location for the external SD card? This link has some advice on how to find it as it can be different depending on which handset you have: http://www.julian-young.com/2011/04/21/finding-the-spotify-external-sd-location/
----------------
Listening on Windows, Android and Sonos. Tweeting it at @davelicence

I feel pretty confident, as I've browsed around in a filemanager.

I believe my external is in the default /mnt/sdcard

I even see a /mnt/sdcard/android/data/com.spotify.mobile.android.ui in there...

So I have no idea what the issue could be, it seems the software may be buggy. It's hard to tell since it's not giving me any helpful feedback...

Given that you have the com.spotify... directory there, the /mnt/sdcard location is likely to be the 'external' partition of the Atrix's internal memory, rather than actually on your SD card - if you remove the SD card from your phone can you still see that in the filemanager?

I had a Google for you and couldn't find anything concrete on this - sorry!
----------------

Well, this is stupid. I had the wrong directory. Man Embarassed

It was actually /mnt/sdcard-ext

Thanks for helping me find this solution.

I blame the unclear file manager!

Cool! Glad to help.
----------------

Suggested posts