Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Mobile Filtering Does Not Work

Mobile Filtering Does Not Work

Plan:  Premium

Device: Samsung Galaxy S8 Active

Operating System: Android Oreo

My Question or Issue: Desktop web app works fine.  Only on my mobile device, filtering a playlist and then attempting to play ONLY the filtered songs fails and reverts to playing the entire playlist.  This was new behavior introduced in the March 2018 timeframe and has persisted since.

6 Replies

Hey @jasonccrane, welcome to the community.

Hope your doing great!

I know it sounds simple, but it's often overlooked. Could you try restarting your device? If that doesn't help, try a quick clean reinstall of the app. Just follow these steps.

If you're still having trouble, could you let me know the exact version of Spotify and the exact version of the operating system you're running?

Let me know how this goes 🙂

/B

Billy-JSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Billy, I've done that multiple times. I believe this is a known issue
after reading through the community bugs.

Here are your requested attributes.

Spotify Version: 8.4.64.555
Android Version: 8.0.0

@jasonccrane -

Thanks for the reply!

Does this happens with every playlist they have? Also, does this start happening after an app update?

Please try to see if logging out and back in a few times makes a difference.

Let me know how things come along 🙂

/B

Billy-JSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

All playlists and app update in March 2018.  Loggin out does not change the behavior.

My Question or Issue: Desktop web app works fine.  Only on my mobile device, filtering a playlist and then attempting to play ONLY the filtered songs fails and reverts to playing the entire playlist.  This was new behavior introduced in the March 2018 timeframe and has persisted since.

@Billy-J wrote:

@jasonccrane -

Thanks for the reply!

Does this happens with every playlist they have? Also, does this start happening after an app update?

/B

@jasonccrane wrote:

All playlists and app update in March 2018.  Loggin out does not change the behavior.

@Billy-J wrote:

@jasonccrane -

Thanks for the reply!

/B

Any update?

I have the same Problem. 

I uninstalled and reinstalled the application, restart my device and the issue persists.

This problem is happening for months, multiple topics here, and the solution never comes.

Spotify Version: 8.4.66.733
Android Version: 8.0.0

Suggested posts