[Mobile] Playlist Won't Play Properly

Plan

Free

Country

Device

Moto g7

Operating System

My Question or Issue

My Spotify playlist on my mobile device won't play properly. Originally I had the option to choose individually a song I wish to listen to without a problem, and without having to be connected online. But now it won't let me choose a song in my playlist individually, it will only let me do "shuffle play". When I try to choose a song individually, only a 10 second preview of the song will play, nothing more. And this goes for all of my songs in my playlist. And I suddenly also have to be online if I want to try to listen to anything. I uninstalled my app and installed it. I updated it to the latest version, but to no prevail. 
Is there a way this can be fixed so I can choose songs individually again?

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hi @AmethystRose615

Thank you for reaching out here in the Community!

Regarding your question, on-demand mobile access is available only for Premium users. However, it's available on selected playlists for Free users as well, there will be no shuffle symbol next to the title of the playlist. That means, you can choose a song you want to play and you have unlimited skips.

You can still play on-demand using a desktop, even without Premium Subscription.

It's possible that you were able to enjoy premium functions before, because of the 1 week free Premium trial for new accounts. 

Here's an article comparing different Subscriptions offered by Spotify. Take a look if you're interested.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Marked as solution

Hi @AmethystRose615

Thank you for reaching out here in the Community!

Regarding your question, on-demand mobile access is available only for Premium users. However, it's available on selected playlists for Free users as well, there will be no shuffle symbol next to the title of the playlist. That means, you can choose a song you want to play and you have unlimited skips.

You can still play on-demand using a desktop, even without Premium Subscription.

It's possible that you were able to enjoy premium functions before, because of the 1 week free Premium trial for new accounts. 

Here's an article comparing different Subscriptions offered by Spotify. Take a look if you're interested.

Suggested posts