Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Move Spotify and Spotify Data to SD Card

Move Spotify and Spotify Data to SD Card

I subscribe to Spotify Premium and I just got a new Android phone (Samsung Galaxy Note 2). On my old phone (Motorola Droid 2) I had my Spotify songs/playlists stored on my external SD card. This is critical for me as I store a tremendous amount of music on my phone. Why do I need to store the music on my phone, you ask? Well, I don't want to have to re-download it every time I want to listen (counts against my bandwidth cap), and I live in Montana where you can't always access wi-fi or 3G/4G. 

SD CARD STORAGE IS A CRITICAL FEATURE FOR ME - how can I do it on my new phone? I did some searching around, and it appears that I can't do this anymore unless I root my phone or download the a prior version of the Spotify apk from an unknown source and follow some config steps. 

If this has changed, I'd love to know. If not, please consider this my vote for what developers should be working on. 

Consider me a once VERY HAPPY cutomer who is now quite dissatisfied and looking for a new partner to replace Spotify...

3 Replies

Strongly agree - being able to use external SD card is a killer app. Internal pone storage is used to fast - i have 64GB SD card - please give me an option to set the storage path to /mnt/external1 

Searc before you post.

Answer number 1,000,000.

Hey there!

That's odd when no space for more good music 🙂

But if you have an Micro-SD card, just follow this guide and you can transfer your Offline music from built-in little card to huge Micro-SD card (if you have any installed). Come this way.

Also if you can't find solution from this, just use lower bitrate for syncing to Offline, something like 160 kbps or 96 kbps. Yopu can change syncing bitrate to lower or higher in Settings in Spotify application.

Have a nice day!

@hpguru wrote:

Searc before you post.

Answer number 1,000,000.

Hey there!

That's odd when no space for more good music 🙂

But if you have an Micro-SD card, just follow this guide and you can transfer your Offline music from built-in little card to huge Micro-SD card (if you have any installed). Come this way.

Also if you can't find solution from this, just use lower bitrate for syncing to Offline, something like 160 kbps or 96 kbps. Yopu can change syncing bitrate to lower or higher in Settings in Spotify application.

Have a nice day!

I just attempted to obtain this version of Spotify, yet it was not available can you make this version available again?

Suggested posts