Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Moved com.spotify.music storage cache folder to SD card, and now won't play offline songs

Moved com.spotify.music storage cache folder to SD card, and now won't play offline songs

Hi,

The spotify folder cache was taking up too much space on my phone, so through file explorer, I found the offending files which

were in the com.spotify.music storage  cache folder and moved these to my SD card.  

Spotify then would not find these files and repoint to them.  i moved the storage cache folder back to it's original place, in the hope that it would reset itself and pick these offline files up, 

But it still won't find the offline songs, and wants to re-download all of these again.  I have 12GB a month of data useage as I only have mobile broadband, and am loathe to use it all on re-dlownloading all my songs.  Does anyone know how I might fix this and get Sportify to repoint to this cache?

I have since found under the settings menu where you can move all the offline songs to the SD card, but a little too late

Any help would be appreciated

Anish

1 Reply

Unfortunately when you moved the files to the sd card the Spotify app would have generated a new folder in the original location and changed the encryption key.

So when you copied the old file back the keys don't match, hence why it's downloading again.

I'd suggest uninstalling Spotify, making sure the files are deleted from your phone/sd card then reinstalling and redownloading your tracks.

I know it's not ideal, but unfortunately it's all due to encryption and DRM required.

Please use the search feature before posting a problem/bug/idea.
What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?
     Using Spotify Since March 10th 2009
     Twitter: @mechanimal82

Android Troubleshooting:
[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues
Spotify Android Version History

Suggested posts