When adding local files to a playlist on my computer, I can no longer sync that music to the Android app.
Steps to reproduce the issue:
- Made sure computer and phone are on same network
- Created new playlist from computer Spotify app
- Added directory to Local Files under options
- Added some of those files in the directory to a playlist
- From the Android app: Tap on the new playlist with the local files from the computer.
- Tap the switch for Available Offline
- Waiting to download appears
- That's it. Nothing happens past that part.
What steps you’ve tried already:
- Uninstalled Spotify desktop client, and reinstalled on Windows 7 machine.
- Made sure traffic is allowed in Windows firewall.
- Shut off Windows Firewall.
- Rebooted Router. (All other network traffic appears to be fine. Do specific ports need to be open for some reason? All computers on my network and the phone can transfer files to eachother over WiFi.)
- Removed all files listed in Local Files and added different Local Files from a different directory on the hard drive.
- Tried the last 5 steps on two other computers.
- Uninstalled Spotify Android app, and reinstalled.
- Gave Spotify app all three permissions that it requires.
- I can download any songs in the Spotify catalog to my phone just fine.
Your device and operating system
Motorola Nexus 6 - Android 6.0.1
Windows 7 / Windows 8.1 / Windows 10
Type of Spotify account you have
The app version of Spotify you’re using:
Android - 18.104.22.1684
PC 1 - Windows 7 - 22.214.171.124.g92a22684
PC 2 - Windows 8.1 - 126.96.36.199.g42187855
PC 3 - Windows 10 - 188.8.131.52.g8f8543b3
The link in the online help 404's or takes me to All Solutions.
( https://support.spotify.com/us/problems/#!/article/problems-to-offline-sync-a-playlist/ )
Any help on this would be appreciated.