Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Moving Spotify to sd card

Moving Spotify to sd card

Ok so I've seen other threads about this but none of them have been useful, my problem is that I would like to download my offline play lists to my sd card bc it takes up most the space on my phone's storage. I understand that I can't transfer the app to my sd card but can't I transfer my playlists to it?
9 Replies

Have you tried this one?
http://community.spotify.com/t5/Help-Android/Android-4-4-2-Cache-on-external-SD-card-is-possible/td-...

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

I've tried this but I can't find the file that I need to delete. It also seems like the amount of storage Spotify takes up has changed. About two weeks ago Spotify took up 7 gigs of storage and now it takes up 15 gigs even though I haven't added that much music. Since I couldn't get it to sync onto the sd card I decided I was going to just re sync all my music back the way it was and delete some of it. I let it download over night and when i woke up it said that it couldn't download all of my playlist (which was 2302 songs)and it had only gotten through about half the playlist so I had to delete the other half of it. This doesn't make any sense to me bc I had all of that music synced to my phone only two days ago and now it says it can only sync half of it? None of this makes any sense to me. Also if it's any help, I'm using a Samsung Galaxy S4.

@nickelscharm wrote:
I've tried this but I can't find the file that I need to delete. It also seems like the amount of storage Spotify takes up has changed. About two weeks ago Spotify took up 7 gigs of storage and now it takes up 15 gigs even though I haven't added that much music. Since I couldn't get it to sync onto the sd card I decided I was going to just re sync all my music back the way it was and delete some of it. I let it download over night and when i woke up it said that it couldn't download all of my playlist (which was 2302 songs)and it had only gotten through about half the playlist so I had to delete the other half of it. This doesn't make any sense to me bc I had all of that music synced to my phone only two days ago and now it says it can only sync half of it? None of this makes any sense to me. Also if it's any help, I'm using a Samsung Galaxy S4.

Please read the guide linked below for details on getting a completely clean install of the Spotify app. This should be the first step and can help resolve issues such as:

- Black screen on startup
- Offline data not storing on SD card
- Random crashes or FC's
- Track degradation or skipping
- Playlists and tracks no longer available

[GUIDE] First step of troubleshooting - Clean Install

Please use the search feature before posting a problem/bug/idea.
What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?
     Using Spotify Since March 10th 2009
     Twitter: @mechanimal82

Android Troubleshooting:
[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues
Spotify Android Version History

I got a different issue i cant choose to install on my SD card running 4.1.2 on a samsung s2, or at least it doesnt turn up

@diogo_maia wrote:

I got a different issue i cant choose to install on my SD card running 4.1.2 on a samsung s2, or at least it doesnt turn up

Hi. It doesn't ask you where to set the cache, on installation it will automatically set the location with the most free space... This is ordinarily the sd card. 

Android Troubleshooting:

Not in my case it went for internal memory when i wanted to set the SD

@diogo_maia wrote:

Not in my case it went for internal memory when i wanted to set the SD

Do you have more free space on internal memory? Try reading my guide on a clean install linked in my signature. Follow these steps and note my comments regarding the sd card. Follow this and it should work ok

Android Troubleshooting:

So heres the deal (or what i think its happenning) i have most of my music on an micro SD card so it aknowledges that the most free is my internal memory, but i got all my music in external SD so i can make my mobile run faster. Cant i just choose the SD card and let spotify take it from there? also my "local" music is not coming up, maybe its because its in my SD? or is it because spotify didnt manage the rest of the audio contents. Any ideas?

Hi. Yes, the cache will just go to wherever had the most free space. As for local files I'm afraid the Spotify player doesn't handle these, you'll need to use the stock or other player for them.

Android Troubleshooting:

Suggested posts