Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Music Suddenly Stops

Music Suddenly Stops

Hi,

I am experiencing an issue with Spotify: my music suddenly stops playing. When I go to resume the song, I have to start it from the beginning. After restarting the song, the problem will happen again and again, until I restart the phone. It will then not occur for several days, after which it will happen again, and then I have to restart, on and on forever. Please help.

Spotify version: 3.4.3.479 armV7
Phone: LG Volt LS740
15 Replies

Does the music pause when the screen locks or at other times?

Does it happen when you play downloaded music as well as when you are streaming? Are you using any of the power saving modes?

If you go to device maintenance>battery, is spotify listed under "unmonitored apps" at the bottom?

--------------------------------------------------

Hi - If i helped show some love and hit that like button

If I solved the issue - don't be shy, mark my answer as the solution!

------------------------------------------
Follow my actual spotify account for some playlist personally made by me, they include: ACIDRAP and PUMPxRAP.
Follow me

"Does the music pause when the screen locks or at other times?"

Only when I pull the headphones out of the jack while music is playing.

"Does it happen when you play downloaded music as well as when you are streaming? Are you using any of the power saving modes?"

I only play streaming music from playlists--no downloaded music. To my knowledge, I am not using any power-saving mode; how do I confirm?

"If you go to device maintenance>battery, is spotify listed under "unmonitored apps" at the bottom?"

Where do I find this? I looked under Settings, to no avail. Nothing under Settings ---> Battery says anything like Unmonitored Apps.

Interesting,

Here is a few links to try help you out.

For IOS - https://community.spotify.com/t5/iOS-iPhone-iPad/iOS-Troubleshooting-Spotify/m-p/105341#M4646

Windows - https://community.spotify.com/t5/Desktop-Linux-Windows-Web-Player/Troubleshooting-Windows-amp-Mac/td...

Android - https://community.spotify.com/t5/Android/Android-Troubleshooting-Spotify/td-p/113082

I wish you the best of luck Jay.

--------------------------------------------------

Hi - If i helped show some love and hit that like button

If I solved the issue - don't be shy, mark my answer as the solution!

------------------------------------------
Follow my actual spotify account for some playlist personally made by me, they include: ACIDRAP and PUMPxRAP.
Follow me

Whether or not music stops on disconnecting earphones seems to depend on the android device. Have you checked to see whether the same happens with the stock music player?

Hotnspicy, I appreciate the links, but they don't help solve my issue.

Joe, that the music stops when the headphones get unplugged is no issue. It's positive, because it keeps loud music from playing if the headphones come unplugged by accident.

I was going on this - 

"Does the music pause when the screen locks or at other times?"
Only when I pull the headphones out of the jack while music is playing.

Check out [COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues which covers causes of music pausing. Shout if it doesn't answer your issue @user-removed.

"You will lose all preferences & offline playlists in doing this!"

What do they mean by "offline playlists"? I have playlists saved to my account but not downloaded.

It does mean downloads but don't reinstall spotify just yet, Skip down to Other common issues, particularly the sections "Cache Cleaner or Task/Process or Battery Manager installed" and "Tracks stop playing when screen is off or the Spotify application is in the background".

Thank you. Tried first to resolve the issue the ways you suggested but had to resort to a clean install. If issues still arise, I'll post in this thread again.

I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

The issue is presenting itself again. Any suggestions?

I'm running out of ideas. Is spotify set to use an SD card for storage?

No, and nothing on Spotify is saved to my phone, because my phone has only a 4 GB hard drive. I play music from playlists.

Get in touch with the support guys here. Hopefully they'll be able to help you. I'd love to know the answer to your issue too 🙂

I was involved in a live chat on the link you provided but got disconnected. Now I can't find my way back to live chat. Help, please.

Suggested posts