Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Android

Get help for your Android mobile or tablet

Start a topic

Forum Posts

New and Improved Android Widget

Spotify is bringing a new update to the home screen widget on Android devices. This update will help you get more out of it than before. The new widget will make it simpler and faster to access your favourite content on Spotify. So what is changing?H...

Amayy_0-1689082497746.png Marketing_asset (1).png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • hnavia
  • Regular
  • 59 replies
  • 23 likes
  • 59 replies
  • 23 likes

[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues

Please read below for troubleshooting Spotify on your Android device. This guide contains fixes for most common issues as well as detail on how to create a new topic if you still are having problems. First thing to do before trying anything else is r...

• Community Legend
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 11 replies
  • 50 likes
  • Android
    Guide
    Troubleshooting
  • 11 replies
  • 50 likes

Solved!! The version of Spotify I have has completely different features than another free user.

PlanFreeCountryUSADeviceAndroid PhonesMy Question or IssueMy dad and I both have spotify. I cannot pick songs to play and have to rely on shuffle. My dad can pick songs without issue, and probably doesn't even know that shuffle's an option. We both h...

• Casual Listener
  • Alex
  • Spotify Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

App crashes on selecting playlists from a folder

I'm running Version 8.3.0.681 armV7I have playlists organized in folders. If I select a playlist in a folder, the App crashes - annoying!

• I'm running Version 8.3.0.681 armV7 I have playlists organized in folders. If I select a playlist in a folder, the App crashes - annoying!
  • Lupus_Malus
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Android
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Missing tracks in large playlists when changing sort to "newly added"

Hey! Got a new android phone and i ran into a weird bug that if i change the sorting order in a big playlist to "newly added", alot of songs goes missing and the order is completely off! I have made a screen recording so u better understand, the app ...

• Hey!   Got a new android phone and i ran into a weird bug that if i change the sorting order in a big playlist to "newly added", alot of songs goes missing and the order is completely off!&nbs...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Listening to Spotify via Bluetooth

Hi, I have Spotify Ver 0.7.1.407 and when I stream from the app to my Car's Bluetooth I can't see the TEXT information (Artist name, Album, Song name etc etc). I must say that the iPhone app has alot better integration with my car and spotify especia...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi,   I have Spotify Ver 0.7.1.407  and when I stream from the app to my Car's Bluetooth I can't see the TEXT information (Artist name, Album, Song name etc etc).   I must...
  • Ryan-d96
  • 32 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 32 replies
  • 0 likes

Time for Spotify to cut their loses and start again?

I'm rapidly coming to the conclusion that maybe the best way forward is for Spotify to throw away the current Android client (like they did once before) and start again from scratch. It's obvious that the current Android client is way too complex and...

• Community Legend
  • I'm rapidly coming to the conclusion that maybe the best way forward is for Spotify to throw away the current Android client (like they did once before) and start again from scratch. It's obvious tha...
  • eva27
  • Casual Listener
  • 4 replies
  • 4 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 4 likes

Local Files Unable To Play on Android

Downloading files from your computer/phone and adding them onto playlists on Spotify is completely new to me. I had found out about it when I was on my computer, then noticed a song I knew wasn't on Spotify in my playlist. This feature works perfectl...

• Downloading files from your computer/phone and adding them onto playlists on Spotify is completely new to me. I had found out about it when I was on my computer, then noticed a song I knew wasn't on ...
  • Tom
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Local files grey after accidentally unchecking download

I was going through a playlist and accidentally turned off the download. Now some of the local files are greyed out and because I had to hard reset my laptop a week before I did this I don't know if I can get those files back without re downloading t...

• I was going through a playlist and accidentally turned off the download. Now some of the local files are greyed out and because I had to hard reset my laptop a week before I did this I don't know if ...
  • Tom
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Where is the queue list button

This is driving me mad. I am trying to convert from Google Plan and about to go back. I am using the play queue but I am not able to see the queue as a list - see attached screenshot, the queue list button is missing from top right of screen. Running...

• Casual Listener
  • This is driving me mad.  I am trying to convert from Google Plan and about to go back.   I am using the play queue but I am not able to see the queue as a list - see attached screenshot, ...
  • Tom
  • Community Legend
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes

Offline mode is not working - Android 4.2.2

I am using android 4.2.2 on my Samsung Galaxy Tab I am a premium user . My issue is that offline mode does not work . I have plenty space and a good wifi signal. I down load the tracks as per the usual way but when I goi iunto offline mode they eithe...

• I am using android 4.2.2 on my Samsung Galaxy Tab    I am a premium user . My issue is that offline mode does not work . I have plenty space and a good wifi signal. I down load the tracks...
  • 86kanth
  • Music Fan
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Can't move Spotify data/songs/playlists to my microSD card

I would like to use my microSD card in my device to store all of my songs as opposed to internal storage, however the option that is supposed to let me choose my storage space is not showing up in the settings menu. I have tried uninstalling and rein...

• I would like to use my microSD card in my device to store all of my songs as opposed to internal storage, however the option that is supposed to let me choose my storage space is not showing up in th...
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Albums and Songs Unsaving!

Overs the years, I've saved thousands of albums and songs from Spotify.All of a sudden, in the last two days, a huge chunk of albums and songs have, "unsaved". They're just no longer saved. I'm very frustrated.Is there any way to restore?Regards,A

• Casual Listener
  • Overs the years, I've saved thousands of albums and songs from Spotify. All of a sudden, in the last two days, a huge chunk of albums and songs have, "unsaved". They're just no longer saved. I'm v...
  • JllyGrnGiant
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 2 likes

Solved!! Login issues

After typing my login info and hitting the Log In button, the app reverts back to the main screen and asks if i am "Enjoying my Trip?". I have tried numeous times and have changed my password. Any ideas?

• Casual Listener
  • After typing my login info and hitting the Log In button, the app reverts back to the main screen and asks if i am "Enjoying my Trip?". I have tried numeous times and have changed my password. Any id...
  • tlourance
  • Casual Listener
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

Samsung S7 starts playing music out loud through Spotify by itself

Hi!I need help ppl. I have a Samsung S7 that without me thouching it highjacks my macbook and starts playing spotify out loud instead.Any ideas??Thanks!

• Casual Listener
  • Hi! I need help ppl. I have a Samsung S7 that without me thouching it highjacks my macbook and starts playing spotify out loud instead. Any ideas?? Thanks!
  • Tom
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Cannot play radio station

Hi All, I recently started using Spotify on my android and having some intermittent issues with playing stations. Some stations will play normally while others will not. This does not seem to correspond to any skip limit or connection type. I have tr...

• Hi All,  I recently started using Spotify on my android and having some intermittent issues with playing stations.  Some stations will play normally while others will not. This does not s...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Spotify Adding Random Songs

Over the past 2 weeks, I've noticed my Spotify doing a lot of weird things... Songs or albums that I've never listened to before are showing up under "Your Library", I can hide them and they stay gone for a while but after a few days the exact same s...

• Casual Listener
  • Over the past 2 weeks, I've noticed my Spotify doing a lot of weird things... Songs or albums that I've never listened to before are showing up under "Your Library", I can hide them and they stay gon...
  • mixolydianscale
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Max volume doesn't work after the last update

Hey folks, After the last update, it's impossible to play music at max volume when the EQ is on. The music stops getting louder after I reach 75% or so, although the volume slider continues to go up. I reinstalled the app and turned EQ off and on aga...

• Regular
  • Hey folks,   After the last update, it's impossible to play music at max volume when the EQ is on. The music stops getting louder after I reach 75% or so, although the volume slider continues ...
  • dankasl
  • Regular
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Spotify closes after few Minutes

Hello Comunity, Since a while i have a Problem with my Spotyfi Client in my Android Device (Wiko Lenny 3) After few Minutes Spotify closes herself. I alsoe redownloaded it and reboot my Device in between, but i still have that Issue.

• Casual Listener
  • Hello Comunity,    Since a while i have a Problem with my Spotyfi Client in my Android Device (Wiko Lenny 3)   After few Minutes Spotify closes herself. I alsoe redownloaded it and...
  • Tom
  • Community Legend
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Missing the SD card option for storage

Hi all, i was looking through my phone the other day when i noticed my used storage had increased by a lot, even though i just cleared alot of it. Then i noticed that all my spotify music was moved from my SD card back to my phone, and the option to ...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi all, i was looking through my phone the other day when i noticed my used storage had increased by a lot, even though i just cleared alot of it. Then i noticed that all my spotify music was moved f...
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Spotify eats data when playing downloaded song

Hello. Since 2 weeks, im facing with a very annoying problem with the latest spotify app.Whenever i'm listening to downloaded music, spotify generates mobile data in the background, around 6-7Mb per hour. I have to switch to offline mode, othervise i...

• Regular
  • Hello. Since 2 weeks, im facing with a very annoying problem with the latest spotify app. Whenever i'm listening to downloaded music, spotify generates mobile data in the background, around 6-7Mb pe...
  • wilhelmhagg
  • Regular
  • 12 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 12 replies
  • 2 likes

Cannot see who I'm following on app

Just downloaded the free version of Spotify on my Android phone. Feels very limited and I cannot follow friends (I click on their names and it takes me to "Your Likes") or see who I'm following (had to go on my Mac to actually follow friends). The ho...

• Just downloaded the free version of Spotify on my Android phone. Feels very limited and I cannot follow friends (I click on their names and it takes me to "Your Likes") or see who I'm following (had ...
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify constantly freezing

During these few days, I have been experiencing some freezing issues with Spotify.Sometimes the player would freeze, but the player shows that it's still playing. When I tried "pausing" it, no response when clicking the pause button.The player also h...

• Casual Listener
  • During these few days, I have been experiencing some freezing issues with Spotify. Sometimes the player would freeze, but the player shows that it's still playing. When I tried "pausing" i...
  • Tom
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 6 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 6 likes