Premium

Country

El Salvador

Device

Huawei Y7 2019

Operating System

Android Oreo

My Question or Issue

Hello, I have had Spotify for quite long on my phone, but suddenly from some days and on, when I´m playing any song and either lock my phone or start using other app, such as Instagram or Facebook, the music (also downloaded music) it's interrupted for a second or less, then it plays back again until I lock it, unlock it or do anything on other app, it keeps doing it. 

Already tried reinstalling and downloading all the music again, restarting phone, deleting cache. 

Thank you all

3 Replies

Hey there @Vladybarr15!

Thanks for reaching out to us, we'll do our best to help you sort this out as soon as possible!

We can recommend that you check the phone's battery settings and make sure that Spotify is set as an exception if you're using the battery optimization option.

It's also a good idea to check that Spotify has the permissions to run in the background.

If that's not causing the issue, could you let us your Spotify version and, if possible, if you experience this on other mobile devices?

We'll be on the lookout for your answer and we'll see what we can suggest next. Let us know if there's anything else we can do for you in the meantime.

ElenaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Hello,

Thanks for the follow up. I have the Version 8.5.62.904.

Apparently all the settings are fine.

I think it might be important to mention that it mainly happens when using earphones or the phone's speaker, but I have not noticed it happening when on the car's bluetooth.

Thanks!

Regards,

Thanks for getting back to us @s05guzt-_q5rg!

Just to confirm did you perform a clean reinstall of the app with the steps here to make sure all outdated files are removed.

It's also a good idea to turn off any task clearing apps and put Spotify as an exception if you use an anti-virus app.

Keep in mind that you'll need to re-download your offline music and podcasts afterwards.

We'll be on the lookout for your update. Give us a shout if you have any further questions.

ElenaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts