Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Music not downloading correctly

Solved!

Music not downloading correctly

Hello all, I was going through some problems with my downloads. I have a few songs in my library that apparently are only downloading 75% of the song. And it's horrible because the song stops in for example minute 3 when it's actually a 5 minute song. And it just stays mute until I change of song. I tried removing the song and adding it again, nothing changes. What can I do? Please help

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hi. If music you have downloaded is corrupted, the natural inclination is to undownload and redownload the affected music. Unfortunately, spotify tries to save bandwidth and, if it can, will reinstate the original download from the cache so the problem persists.

You have two options. Firstly wait a few days then redownload and hope that the original downloads have gone from the cache. Second option (more drastic) is to clear the cache from spotify's settings menu. Note that if you do this, you will lose all your downloaded music.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Marked as solution

Hi. If music you have downloaded is corrupted, the natural inclination is to undownload and redownload the affected music. Unfortunately, spotify tries to save bandwidth and, if it can, will reinstate the original download from the cache so the problem persists.

You have two options. Firstly wait a few days then redownload and hope that the original downloads have gone from the cache. Second option (more drastic) is to clear the cache from spotify's settings menu. Note that if you do this, you will lose all your downloaded music.

Suggested posts